The Sewing Place

Wed 10th May

Sheilago

Wed 10th May
« on: May 10, 2017, 07:50:56 AM »
Good morning all . Hope I'm doing this the correct way, I'm not usually first here! Still waking early after a little op last week and also the young adults in the household are up uncharacteristic early! The poor dogs are confused. Hope they realise it is still an hour to walk time.
Hoping to get back to sewing soon.For the last week I could only sit slumped rather than upright due to a rather tender tummy, so it's been a knitting and crocheting week. Thankfully the weather has been wonderful and Ive been outside a lot.I have even invested in a new sun hat, so let's hope this is not the summer. Has anyone ever tried sewing outside?! 0_0

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Wed 10th May
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
Gosh, I'm second in here, that's unusual.  Lovely and sunny, very little wind, unfortunately still no time for a bike ride - the summer house now needs painting.  Maybe one day soon I'll actually get to use my new Babylock coverstitch machine.  Oh, and I have croissants for brekkie, I love croissants  :D

Lyn-J

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Good morning!
Blue skies and bright sunshine, but I think it might be a bit chilly out.
Lynne

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
Same here, bright and sunny but still chilly outside.  It's about time it warmed up!

Grandson's 10th birthday today.  Can't really go anywhere this morning as I don't want to miss the postman because his pressies should be arriving today, so I'm going to start cutting out Vogue 8943.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »
Well the sun is shining but I don't know how warm it is....it's been beleedin' freezing here
Hoping to get a couple of Tshirts made today for my holibobs.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 09:38:01 AM »
I'd like to get on with some sewing but the sun is shining..... :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »
Touch of frost here last night but the sun is shining and it's warming up nicely.  It's not often we get to say that we have the best weather in the country but it's been that way for the last week or so.  It's coming to an end tomorrow, I hope that doesn't now mean incessant rain for the next 3 months though I will get some sewing done if it's wet and should be able to get my veg plants out of the greenhouse and into the garden and polytunnel.  I am so looking forward to some home grown tomatoes again.
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »
Sunny and cold here again, but hopefully it will warm up as the day goes on.

Got some catching up to do, as we took the car for a service and the brakes failed on the way back  :o  We have other vehicles - but they weren't at work at the time, so we had to take a taxi home :(

It's a bit of a problem for me though, as it's the only vehicle I'm comfortable driving....  Ah well, it will be fixed later today.

So, I didn't get to town for my fabric, but I have found my pattern.  So, on the whole, a smiley sort of start to the day!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
Sunny and warm (out of the wind) chez Iminei but my heart is heavy and I'm procrastinating actually doing anything.

My beautiful Mei has lost her necklace and having turned and re-turning the house (and garden) upside down I still can't find it! She regularly 'loses' it after scratching her neck, but the longest its ever been missing is 5 minutes!

Trouble is she was out in the garden when I noticed it wasn't around her neck which means it could be anywhere..
even at the bottom of the pond if she scratched herself whilst sitting by the side of it!

I know its bizarre a cat having a necklace but she really is a very special pusscat and shes been wearing theis since 2004!!!

And ironically I took photos of her the evening before as it was gleaming in the evening sun and she looked so beautiful...

I am just sooo sad!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

hernibs

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:55:58 AM »
Efemera - hope I don't need too many woolies when I arrive in the Berwick on Sat.  Initially I thought it was Jessie lived in this part of the world but she is the other side of the country.
The forecast gives dull and showery on Friday and Saturday here - I do hope the rain is not going to pelt down when we are in the Borders.

Francesca

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
Sunny and warm (out of the wind) chez Iminei but my heart is heavy and I'm procrastinating actually doing anything.

My beautiful Mei has lost her necklace and having turned and re-turning the house (and garden) upside down I still can't find it! She regularly 'loses' it after scratching her neck, but the longest its ever been missing is 5 minutes!

Trouble is she was out in the garden when I noticed it wasn't around her neck which means it could be anywhere..
even at the bottom of the pond if she scratched herself whilst sitting by the side of it!

I know its bizarre a cat having a necklace but she really is a very special pusscat and shes been wearing theis since 2004!!!

And ironically I took photos of her the evening before as it was gleaming in the evening sun and she looked so beautiful...

I am just sooo sad!

She's like Duchess!

Ellabella

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »
Sheilago glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

It's lovely here so at least DGS2 can play outside.

We are off to the Borders next week so you can guarantee rain  from Thursday onwards.

I've just checked this post and Sheilago was changed to Shrinkage :D
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

Efemera

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 13:17:19 PM »
Efemera - hope I don't need too many woolies when I arrive in the Berwick on Sat.  Initially I thought it was Jessie lived in this part of the world but she is the other side of the country.
The forecast gives dull and showery on Friday and Saturday here - I do hope the rain is not going to pelt down when we are in the Borders.

We're a long way from Berwick... 100 miles further south so it may be even colder up there!...you can never tell on the NE coast

Lantana

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 13:18:21 PM »
Oh Im I hate it when things go missing! Such a beautiful cat I hope the neckace turns up soon. I understand how you are feeling it's hard to concentrate on other things when something important is lost.

You could try politely asking the 'borrowers' to return it. I think that method works by putting it out there, taking the stress off you so then you'll see it clearly with the emotional elements removed. Of course some people think that 'the little people/pixies' are really responsible but far be it from me to rubbish other peoples beliefs.

Fingers crossed .... and if it has fallen in the pond I hope the  :fish: haven't got it!

L :vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 13:22:44 PM »
The summerhouse is now painted, but I need to change into shorts and a sleeveless top before we start on the shed, it's hot out there!