The Sewing Place

Official Japanese Sewalong

wrenkins

Re: Official Japanese Sewalong
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2017, 13:56:34 PM »
My husband bought cars (don't ask  :[) from Japan and the man that he was dealing with became his bff. We received Christmas cards from him for years. I kept them because every one was a little work of art.
What lovely gifts BrendaP. I've been looking at gorgeous Japanese fabric and thinking of the mess I could make.
Oh how I wish I could sew.  :(
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2017, 14:20:37 PM »
Lovely, Brenda. I'm just under half way through mine  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Zigzag

« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2017, 14:59:47 PM »
Yippee, this morning I have cut out the fabric for the OJS.  Took twice as long to pin and cut due to Miss Amber deciding to share my cutting table in the Garden Chalet.  :meow:  :snip:

Lizzielogs

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2017, 17:24:55 PM »
Right, I've made a decision - well, sort of.

I have the material, the red Japaneseie (is that even a word?) fabric and the forest green taffeta for the bag shell combined with the pale green, pink and white Japanese blossom print cotton for the interior.
Then I have a selection of zips colours - supposing I even use a zip  :[
All sorts of gold 'things' which might feature on the bag - or not  :'(
And the thread which is possibly the only certain in the whole project along with the fact it will be a bag!

Pattern is still lurking around in the dark recesses of my mind but making an appearance at random times - usually about 3am when it should be letting me sleep  |O  So perhaps I haven't really made too many decisions yet!!

I need to grab the scissors and make a start - perhaps!!  :snip: 

wrenkins

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2017, 17:33:03 PM »
Ooooh Lizzielogs. Gorgeous. You have to make it. Those fabrics are delish.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lizzielogs

« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2017, 17:43:12 PM »
Ooooh Lizzielogs. Gorgeous. You have to make it. Those fabrics are delish.  :loveit:

I AM actually going to make it - soon(ish)!

Iminei

« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:02 AM »
My husband bought cars (don't ask  :[) from Japan

They weren't 100nx's were they ???? 

I loved my nx soooo much

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2017, 09:24:15 AM »
He had a GTO and an Evo and I had FTOs. I did like them but really??? Japan?????  >< We had to go down to Dublin and pick them up off the boat and the batteries were always flat as a pancake. Fun and games! The thing that made me laugh was that he was quite shy and mortified if anybody looked at him. You're gorgeous and you're driving a GTO ya twonk!!!  :S People will look!

BlueCat

« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
My husband bought cars (don't ask  :[) from Japan

They weren't 100nx's were they ???? 

I loved my nx soooo much

Our white 100NX was my favourite too; (we bought ours off the internet). Later we moved onto a 200SX, but it just wasn't the same

Iminei

« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »
For anyone who might think we are off topic here...The Nissan 100NX and 200x are from Japan!

I've had 3, the white on in the pic, my absolute fav , another identical white that for some reason, didn't do it for me and a lovely metallic blue that I had to sell 2 years as as it failed the MOT  (on welding)  :(
All bought (and the last sold) on Fleabay!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

BrendaP

« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »

Why wasn't it parked properly between the white lines? :S
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 23:04:39 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

wrenkins

« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »
Why wasn't it parked proprly between the white lines? :S
Artistic! You can't beat it out of some people!   0_0

supergran

« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2017, 16:21:21 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. I know less than nothing about cars so had no idea what you were on about!  ><

Lizzielogs

« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2017, 15:16:02 PM »
Umm, being a newby to the forum etc, I'm sure I read that to take part in the OJS I have to submit photos along the way so here are my 46 (forty six  :devil: in case you think you have read that wrong!) pieces of my handbag which don't include the interfacing as that is already ironed on - assuming when you're new it's best not to do things by half!! Ha, ha

Lowena

« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2017, 16:21:16 PM »
Oh, do we have to post photos part way through? I was just going to do it at the end :( I'm quite a long way through it now  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D