The Sewing Place

Official Japanese Sewalong

Hachi

Re: Official Japanese Sewalong
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2017, 17:14:09 PM »
Lizzielogs,
46 pieces! Looking forward to seeing the final bag!

Sewingsue

« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2017, 17:21:03 PM »
Lizzielogs,
46 pieces! Looking forward to seeing the final bag!
46 pieces!!   :S

Love the fabrics.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2017, 17:35:53 PM »
No probs Low, just take pics from now on.

Im keeping mine safe until the end....
its all picced up throughout the make, Im just going to wait for the big Reveal!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lizzielogs

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2017, 18:03:39 PM »
Oh, do we have to post photos part way through? I was just going to do it at the end :( I'm quite a long way through it now  -<

I don't know Lowena, I thought I'd read it somewhere but I'm possibly wrong  :[

Lizzielogs

« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2017, 18:06:01 PM »
No probs Low, just take pics from now on.

Im keeping mine safe until the end....
its all picced up throughout the make, Im just going to wait for the big Reveal!

Ooooh, I like a bit of a reveal !!

Lowena

« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2017, 20:28:05 PM »
Fanks Im... can you tell I've been at the vino already??  :D
I'll take a photy tomorrow  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2017, 20:55:41 PM »
I think you need a photo at the start of your uncut fabric, then a photo of part construction, then one of the final made up piece. That's the minimum. Oh and you need to make 5 posts on this thread.  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37:39 AM »
Really? I'm having second thoughts as mine's nearly finished and I haven't taken any photos  -<
Perhaps I'll just put a photo of the finished article on TDS  -<

Lilian

« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2017, 23:40:44 PM »
As suggested by DementedFairy, we will be taking inspiration from Japan with its rich cultural heritage in art and fashion. Inspiration and ideas will be presented to help you choose a project, whether it be a quilt inspired by Japanese flora and fauna, or an inventive dress or top from one of the amazing Japanese pattern books with their origami-like shapes and complex techniques, or maybe just a garment for you using a popular Japanese style fabric print.
I'm also bringing the start date forward as there seems to be much excitement  :D

Introduction
In this competition you can produce

Dates
The competition will run from Thursday 1st June - Friday 30th June. You have until 23.59 on the 30th to complete.

Rules
  • Your item must use an obvious, recognisable Japanese inspiration. This is open to interpretation but we would ask you to make it obvious and not too grand a leap. Possible ideas include using a Japanese pattern, traditional Japanese toys, a print with a Japanese-style design, a fabric, or inspiration direct from the country e.g flora and fauna, colours, styles.
  • You MUST NOT cut your fabric until the 1st June. You can only wash it, dry it, prepare patterns, sew a toile etc. You cannot cut your fabric.
  • You must post at least 5 times in this thread to qualify. Please be involved and post updates!
  • You must submit at least three pictures; one of your uncut fabric, one of mid-construction, and one of the finished garment. (These pics needs to be submitted at the end, so they don't have to be posted in-thread unless you want to share).

How To Enter
I will post this information closer to the time.

How To Win
Winners will be chosen by public vote.

Prizes
TBD

Ganbatte kudasai!

This is the first post telling how to enter and the rules :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
Thanks Lilian, I had read it but not retained it  :D and I'm very bad at being bothered to take  photos  :|
I'm hoping to finish mine today and I'll post a pic on here, even though I'm ineligible to enter the competition.

Lowena

« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2017, 13:54:37 PM »
I have finished my Sashiko cushion but the forum will not accept it as an attachment ( don't know why, no different from usual ) it says the bytes are exhausted..poor things!

I used thin indigo linen ( traditional ) a stylised flower pattern ( traditional ) and perle threads.

Thanks to Imi you can now see it  :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 14:25:53 PM by Lowena »

Iminei

« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2017, 14:00:02 PM »
May I present Lows Stunning Sashiko cushion....

Detail...

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2017, 14:06:18 PM »
Lovely work Lowena!

I'd just read that you were having trouble getting your pictures up on here and hoped someone would be able to help you...Thank you, Iminei.

Your stitches are so neat and even. I'd be hopeless at that.

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2017, 14:16:31 PM »
Thanks a million Imi  <3 I'd come back on to do it myself ( now I'm calmer  :| ) and am very grateful to you  <3
Thanks Imi and Sandra for your kind words, I'm quietly pleased with it and will deffo do more Sashiko  :ninja:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:31:48 AM by Lowena »

Pearl

« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2017, 14:18:05 PM »
Lovely work Lowena!

Your stitches are so neat and even. I'd be hopeless at that.

I agree with every word of this, Sandra.  I'd be hopeless at that (not you).