The Sewing Place

Saturday 13th May

Iminei

Saturday 13th May
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Phew !! that was close ... we nearly had Friday 13th!  :o

Good Morning Peeps!

I have been up since Crack o'clock and am off to the Emporia to look at floppy fabric for the Japanese Sewalong...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

Re: Saturday 13th May
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:43:45 AM »
Wet here but with prospects that it will brighten up later.

Busy weekend, Dorothy costume, OH's birthday, etc.

Going to start by going banking, buying OH a birthday card and then getting a couple of zips, and a bit of ricrac for Lilyfrox.

Have a lovely weekend folks, however you choose to spend it!  :)

:thread: :sew: :snip: :toast:
Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lyn-J

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 08:49:05 AM »
Muddy skies here!
Have a good shopping trip Imi and Jessie :pattern: :fabric: :thread: :sew:
Lynne

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 09:00:32 AM »
Grey here, and I'm sure it will be raining again before long.

Mr Acorn is still asleep, but I've been awake since 6, and up since 7 so it's probably not going to be a very productive day.   I'm trying to decide whether I can be bothered with a 60 mile round trip to a small town.  It does have a fabric shop, a quilting shop, two antiques places and a brilliant garden centre, so the answer is likely to be yes.

I think I might go and wake Mr Acorn up with a cup of tea  :angel: - I'm getting a bit lonely...  :devil:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
Grey and threatening rain here so I think this could be a sewing day especially as we were out all day yesterday. Mr T is just making the porridge.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 09:21:08 AM »
Bit tired here after being awake lots in the night with stomach ache, which then resulted in a number of trips to the toilet, and it doesn't seem to have settled down yet.  This morning I will be removing a bit of fencing - in between dashes to the loo it seems!  The hot tub is coming this afternoon, but I doubt it will have heated up enough for using today, but you never know, maybe this evening...

Sewingsue

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 09:30:43 AM »
Morning.
Very misty here, although it has lifted fractionally since I got up.
Wonder if putting plans here might mean I actually do them.
Register with imgur and practice uploading photos by posting to Through The Keyhole (which will mean tidying various rooms first).
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

twopence

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
Imi, my DS was born on a Friday 13th.  I just couldn't hang on long enough to make it past midnight.

Bit damp here though and their plane is going to be late.  Still we'd better leave for the airport.

DementedFairy

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »
Grey and grinchy here, and I'm decidedly out of sorts despite a good long lie in. :( :S

Plenty of sewing I could be doing, but no enthusiasm as yet.  Gah.  I think I need a nice new, demanding, huge project.  Any suggestions?

The only amusing thing so far today was the missus shooing some Jehovah's witnesses away, and stretching their huge cheesey smiles to breaking point...
C'est moi!

Pinkstar

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
Hello, rather a dull and grey start to the day today.  Got a birthday card to finish off this afternoon, then I can get on with sewing my pjs.  0_0  Hope everyone has a good day today.

Efemera

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 18:18:22 PM »
Hello campers....I'm somewhere on the Leeds Liverpool canal...a bit of a mixed bag weatherwise.
Just about to go to the pub for tea...

Lantana

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 18:20:43 PM »
Just can't seem to get on with anything and feeling tired and lackustre. so much I should/ought to be doing that it's just making a logjam in my brain.

The new BT vision box will take some getting used to ... I'd been putting off installing it for months but the deadline was up so had to bite the bullet. Not only do I not like the interface the remote control is the worst design ever. It's as bad as being back at work when the smart alecs who owned our operating system in the USA would send down updates which would solve a couple of problems we never knew we had and create a dozen or so more!

Then there is the new computer. I need to clear off the stuff I need to keep so as I can give the old one to my son and let him contend with the broken keyboard which he'd prefer to a broken screen ..... but I'm losing the will to live over that. It's all those bloody passwords that are doing my head in.  It's still windows 10 and firefox but everything looks different on the new computer.

Just had an e-mail asking for donations of raffle prizes for the campaign meeting on Thursday ... I know what I can do ..... make some Red flags aka BUNTING!

:fish:  :fish:  :fish: running to hide from DF  :fish:  :fish:  :fish:

S'ok won't do it really couldn't bear the humiliation of it being left to last! Mind you it could become the perpetual raffle prize ...whoever wins it puts it back next time. Could turn out to be the best fund raiser ever!  :)

Lanty  :vintage:

Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

BrendaP

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 20:06:05 PM »
Well it's been a lovely day here - bright and sunny though a bit breezy.

I've been indoors all afternoon though, cleaning and playing with my bargain of the month - a box of vintage Singer attachments for £20
 :vintage: :vintage: :vintage:.

A buttonholer, a buttonholer with templates, a zig-zagger, a ruffler, an underbraider and quilting foot, a binding foot, a shirring foot and a skirt marker minus its rule.

Not really impressed with the zig-zagger and I've ditched a duplicate binding foot and a needle threader because they were too rusty to clean up, but the rest of it is fine 0_0 

Terry says I keep a lot of 'junk' but he managed to produce a 30" steel rule (actually 36"-6") which fitted into the clamp of the skirt marker and a wedge shape piece of wood to hold the chalk powder reservoir in place.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

sewingj

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 20:22:59 PM »
For 39 years husband has made me watch the Eurovision Song Contest - does this count as domestic abuse?
(Perhaps I`ll just look at the frocks)

Marniesews

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 21:15:40 PM »
For 39 years husband has made me watch the Eurovision Song Contest - does this count as domestic abuse?

Most definitely! We had a Eurovision theme at my FitSteps class this week which made me realise that I've not watched it since we moved here from Lancashire in 1982 and I feel so much better for that.  ;)
Aka Jacky F in a former life...