The Sewing Place

English Couture Company

annierose

English Couture Company
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:40:01 AM »
As Michelle's are the only courses I have done (I was taught to sew by my mother 60 years ago!) I can't compare. However, I have found Michelle approachable, fun and a very good teacher. I met Maximum on her trouser making course, and I had great fun on her knicker making course.
So tomorrow I am off to do her Extreme Pattern Making course, and will report in.

Ohsewsimple

Re: English Couture Company
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »
Will be interested in that......and knowing what makes it Extreme.

annierose

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 17:50:27 PM »
Interesting & challenging, as I always find Michelle's courses, and always meet nice interesting people as well.

We made up a shell /toile beforehand, then spent 2 days fitting it, transferring the measurements to paper patterns, cutting and fitting again, until we had the correct pattern pieces..
We spent the 3rd day learning how to adapt those pieces, to make tops, dresses, skirts, with various design features, like princess line and cowl neck. The 'extreme' bit is Michelle showing how to cut a 'basket weave style' or 'mock twist drape' features.
Spent this afternoon sorting it all out, cutting more pattern pieces and thinking about my first 'piece'

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 18:36:25 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it.
What on earth is a basket weave style or mock twist drape?  I've done twists and draped styles. But together?   :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »
Will be interested in that......and knowing what makes it Extreme.

It's all done while suspended on a rock face, and you have to eat witchetty grubs for lunch.

Or something.  Allegedly.

Sont's accept the offered 'lemonade'!
C'est moi!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 13:52:42 PM »
OMG.  no good to me then DF.  I don't eat meat  0_0