The Sewing Place

`

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: invisible zip
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
I love this site - all these years I've been sewing and I've not even heard of an invisible zip, never mind put one in!  Mind you, the only garments I make these days that need zips are trousers.

Gernella

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:44 AM »
The day I found out how to insert an invisible zip was practically life changing.  I soon found out that no stabilizing means a wobbly zip if you are not careful.

I've even replaced one in a skirt, which is a bit of a challenge when everything else is sewn up, but well worth it. 

Odd times you see people on line hand sewing them in, frankly I think they are nuts. I don't mind sewing a hem up but stuff a zip.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Manuela

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 14:22:09 PM »
I'm with Gernella, looooove invisible zippers. The day I discovered them, I stopped doing handpicked zippers - did way to many of them during apprenticeship and journey. I feel the same about bound buttonholes, hate them with a passion (had to do them in silk jersey too many times), I love doing handworked buttonholes, even volunteered doing a red one in Mr Manuela's Sherlock coat.