« on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
Good morning,
18554346_10156039920196808_1171817350_n by Lyn-J, on Flickr
The puppies are getting bigger  :)
Very dark skies, but not raining, yet!

Ploshkin

Re: Tuesday 16th May
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:38:43 AM »
What a lovely picture to start the morning.
Well, not quite start as I've just come back in from feedings the sheep and cattle in torrential rain.  I know we needed it but when it starts it doesn't know when to stop - it's been going without a break for 24 hours now.
I'll just have to stay in and do some sewing  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:07:03 AM »
Another wet day on the Leeds / Liverpool canal....more getting wet opening locks!

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »
E, hope the rain isn't spoiling your holiday.  It is indeed wet, wet, wet in the NorthWest today, as it was yesterday as well.  :(

Slow progress on Dorothy as I had work to attend to, and my darling aunt to visit.  Hoping to get the skirt done today, so that I can attach the bodice tonight....

Plans may change though, depending on workload at work....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »
Efermera,

Depends on which end of the Leeds Liverpool you're on - we were told by one of the lockies that it was best to do it early and in the rain if starting from Leeds.  Hope the weather does improve for the rest of your trip.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP + elderly Singer hiding in loft

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
Bright and sunny here - still no rain!
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Zigzag

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
It's a wet day here with loads of birds chirping and tweeting up in the trees.  Another happy sewing session for many and me 8-)
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Pinkstar

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »
Pouring down here still.
Going to do some sewing today, with a visit to the vets thrown in for the boys for a general health check.
Other than that not much planned for the day.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »
Wet here too, although it seems to have stopped for the first time in 24hrs.
Lazy day today. Trouble is, I can worry for England, especially if I have little to occupy my mind ( even gardening and sewing don't distract me ) Need to find something to beat this angst. I wish I still worked, that was the only thing which really did it
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sewsuzie

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
Miserable and rainy here too, but quite warm.
Not going to get a lot of work done today. Shortened a pair of trousers and did a bit of paperwork earlier, before trip to dentists for check up. Hurray, nothing needs doing  :D!
Just enough time now to grab a bite to eat and drink before my most loyal customer arrives with some more work. I see her at least once a week, and I think I have half her wardrobe in my workroom. I have joked with her before, that she's just hiding it here so her husband doesn't see it all. Not really the case though.
Then, maybe I'll get time to do a bit more sewing before grandkids school run and tea.
Back to work for me when they've gone home, and see what I can get done.

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry 😉

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 13:55:14 PM »
Shovelling two tons of top soil today, and that's after shovelling a ton of gravel yesterday.  Thank goodness for a hot tub to relax in afterwards  :D
PS  Are you all fed up with hearing about my hot tub yet?  I can highly recommend them  0_0

maliw

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 14:06:43 PM »
We've just had a pair of bullfinches in the garden, other birds are obviously feeding young as we have two woodpeckers going backwards and forwards plus blue tits, great tits, blackbirds and robins. No wonder the food doesn't last. Otherwise dry but grey here. OH has gone outside to plant beans so he will be gone until he wants coffee unless it rains, he always finds more to do that what he set out to do. Me - I've got plenty to do, just not the ooomph to get on with anything.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Mama likes to make

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 16:01:48 PM »
It's actually a lovely day here. I'm making a special request dinner for himself as it is his birthday today and it ends with a 0! So a roast chicken dinner on a Tuesday it is! The kids have the house decorated for him and have picked out a caterpillar cake for him! I want to finish my trousers to wear to his lunch out on Sunday but I think I will leave that till tomorrow.
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

Lyn-J

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 16:13:31 PM »
Are you all fed up with hearing about my hot tub yet?  I can highly recommend them

We're all coming round to try it out :) :) :)
Lynne

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 17:15:21 PM »
Shovelling two tons of top soil today, and that's after shovelling a ton of gravel yesterday.  Thank goodness for a hot tub to relax in afterwards  :D
PS  Are you all fed up with hearing about my hot tub yet?  I can highly recommend them  0_0

Ahh I'd sooo love a hot tub right now.

Actually I'd do anything for a massage. There is such a good place near me but I cannot justify the cost. My shoulder has been terrible recently and I can audibly CRACK it ever ten minutes or so.