The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

UttaRetch

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »
coinhive.com.......infected with JS:Miner-B(pup)

I googled this and it looks as if this is a trojan that might have piggy-backed a download.  I am using a Mac desktop and have not seen this flag when logging into TSP or any other fora.

Francesca

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »
I'm looking into the issue.

I can explain a little bit what's going on here, and it is an issue, but luckily not one with fears about personal data or anything, but it appears one of our site add-ons has a bitcoin miner attached. This means the bitcoin miner uses your computer processing power to mine bitcoins (which are used as currency) so they are essentially using the power of your PC rather than their own. So it's not nice at all obviously and we need to get rid of it BUT you are not going to have personal data stolen or anything... just wanted to allay those fears.

Looking into it now. Please always make sure your antivirus software is up to date too, sounds like most people have it and it's sorted things out :)

Really sorry about this guys, these things happen :(

Sandra

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
Thank you for the explanation. :)

Sandra.
xxx

Elnnina

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »
I too have received warnings that this threat has been secured, in fact several times now and I am also on the full version of AVG.

Incidentally both my husband’s computer and mine have the same settings for connection to the internet and e-mail, however my laptop is the only one that is used to connect to TSP, so I do wonder if this Trojan as Uttaretch calls is has come in on something connected with TSP, as my husband hasn’t had this notice at all.

Incidentally as I went to log on here up popped another notification of this threat, in fact that is two this morning.

Francesca

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 11:23:52 AM »
As this is quite an important issue (rather than some of our smaller technical quirks) I have made a new thread regarding it, so please direct any discussion here: http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,2405.0.html

I will move posts after this point into this new thread so we can discuss.

Gernella

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
I tried to log on last night using my Surface, was just trying to figure out what my password is as normally it gets put in automatically, when a message popped up saying that this was not a safe  site and any passwords would not be protected and seen by others.  Not sure whether it was a Opera warning or Windows Defender.  Never had it before.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Francesca

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »
Please see my post above, Gernella.

Pearl

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2017, 16:48:42 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to upload my block for August's BOM but can't attach the photo.  The message is:-
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Problem solved.  Thanks, Pearl

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 17:33:36 PM by Pearl »

Iminei

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
Glad you got it sorted Pearl, and your block is lovely!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbee

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2017, 16:19:16 PM »
Having a bit of a problem loading forum pages here. The problem is spasmodic and has been occurring the last 2-3 days. I don't have this problem with any other websites. I am using an iPad. Just now I encountered a 509 Bad Gateway message. This morning I got a message, too, but didn't pay attention to what it was. When I got the bad gateway message a few minutes ago I thought I should report it. No Internet/router problems here that I am aware of.

Lowena

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:41 AM »
Couldn't access the forum yesterday from a pc, W7 and Chrome. Everything else was ok. Fine today though :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Francesca

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2017, 10:57:13 AM »
Lowena what was happening when you tried to access?

I'll have a look in the logs for both of these issues :)

UttaRetch

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »
I think the internet is slowing down. 0_0 A lot of fora I have visited recently have been slow to load.

Lowena

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2017, 13:28:45 PM »
Just a blank page with the circle going round and round Fran, then the message to reload. Fine today though :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Efemera

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2017, 15:27:08 PM »
Having trouble posting pictures, both in the gallery and the thread..keep getting error messages.