The Sewing Place

Wednesday 17th of probably May

DementedFairy

Re: Wednesday 17th of probably May
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 20:39:01 PM »
This is turning out to be a good day!  I hemmed the pattern tester dress, then had  a moment of non-bodging fervour, took off the buttons and re-sewed them with thread shanks because the fabric is thick and they were puckering it up [Muv would not have been happy with me otherwise lol]

Then I got out the pull-on jeans that were waiting to be sewn, and got them done too.  For some reason, the jeans went together like a dream, no problems at all, but when I decided to put a nice easy fabric-cased elastic waistband on, the sewing machine absolutely WOULD NOT play.  New microtex needle.  Nope.  New jersey needle.  Nope.  Bloody thing.  Bodged it with the overlocker in the end, but it was most annoying after the main thing had gone together so easily.

Ah well.  Now we're watching 'The African Queen' and eating biccies.  Very nice too!
C'est moi!

Didi

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 20:51:19 PM »
It was an exam day at the uni today the one they all dread the scenario based practical and viva. Lots of nerves, silly mistakes and even a few tears but overall they did OK. 2 weeks time is exam board and hopefullyna new bunchnof newly qualified Radiographers will be hitting an X-ray department near you  0_0 my other students from the second uni finished clinical yesterday gave me a huge bottle of Bombay sapphire gin clearly my liking of gin is not such a secret  ;) and an orchid in a pot.
Weather not been to bad few light showers but it clears up this evening I'm not feeling to great tonight very achy and tired the joys of lupus I suspect 

Pearl

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 22:03:17 PM »
My older DS did that maths exam today (for the 3rd time), DF.  He said it was "good".  Third time's a charm.  My younger DS is doing his GCSEs so there's plenty of stress chez Pearl. :\
I went into work on what is usually my day off, for a special Explorers Fun Day in the park.  Unfortunately it was cancelled because of the rain.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 22:04:58 PM by pearl »

DementedFairy

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 22:13:27 PM »
My older DS did that maths exam today (for the 3rd time), DF.  He said it was "good".  Third time's a charm.

Lol as long as he knows he won't have that many stabs at the second year modules...
C'est moi!