The Sewing Place

Thursday 18th May

Lowena

Re: Thursday 18th May
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 17:28:13 PM »
I never miss Pointless, but I record it and watch it whilst I'm eating my dinner ..... wonder if he does well???
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 18:28:04 PM »
It's not MrImi in disguise is it?

I have ditched the pattern piece with the dodgy bound buttonholes and have cut a new pattern piece. Now practising alternative (better!) buttonhole method.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

DementedFairy

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 18:40:12 PM »
Been at work today doing a post mortem on yesterday's maths exam.  Dear oh dear, the effect of calculators on A level students' ability to use numbers.  Terrifying.  I had some of my best students saying they'd got the right answer, then crossed it out because 'it was a messy fraction'  or 'it looked like an unlikely number'

They were not doing contextualised questions, where they should, for example, reject a distance between cities of half an inch, but solving bloody pure equations. :S :S :S

I mean, no number is more likely than another to be the answer, it's just an equation!  Bloody kids.

Ah well, two more units to go, then I can hide ina  cupboard and weep while we prepare for the new [harder] A level in September. :fish: :fish: :fish:
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 20:24:27 PM »
We've been to Bodnant Garden in North Wales, lovely and sunny and warm when out of the wind. The NT have opened more of the garden since Easter so we were there for quite a bit longer than usual. It was busy as people are now going to see the laburnum arch which wasn't in full flower today - they say it will be next week or the week after but still lovely all the same. We then went on to RSPB Conway for an hour and a half, my back is not happy it hates 'wandering' and it was a relief to sit down to come home.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Pearl

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 20:40:59 PM »
Ah well, two more units to go, then I can hide ina  cupboard and weep while we prepare for the new [harder] A level in September. :fish: :fish: :fish:

I feel your pain, DF.  I was a teacher in primary but after the changes to assessment for 6/7 years old last year, I had to get out.  It's like the Emperor's New Clothes.  Vote Labour, just saying.   ;)

DementedFairy

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 20:42:25 PM »
Vote Labour, just saying.   ;)

I haven't met any teachers currently working who think otherwise...just saying!

C'est moi!

Pinkstar

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 22:14:11 PM »
Lovely sunny day here today.  Did  some sewing this morning then the machine began playing up so gave up and did some house work  :'(  Cleaned Pinkstar juniors room from top to bottom, even had the duvet hanging on the line to air, managed to fill a whole black bag of rubbish from his room  ><  :S :o Then spent some time in the garden cutting up old dead branches from the buddleia I cut down a few weeks ago. 3 loads of washing done all dried and put away good job as its supposed to rain tomorrow.

Lantana

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 23:37:53 PM »
I haven't met any teachers currently working who think otherwise...just saying!

The board is up in the front garden ...... just saying!

:vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

Ravingdoll

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 00:11:46 AM »
Sitting in bed eating a microwaved Iceland chocolate fudge cake, glass of wine, absolute rubbish day at work, home late, but happy that my new rollerblind in sewing room has been put up whilst i was out, thanks muv for making it and brother for putting it up.  Thinking about putting my toe back into the rancid pond of dating.  Plenty of fish in the sea?  More like plenty of pondlife .... We'll see. 

Lantana

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:20 AM »
Good luck with that RD!

Sorry about your rubbish day at work and hope the chocoate fudge cake and wine restored your spirits.

I occasionally go fishing on POF .... and having a good laugh!

:vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!