The Sewing Place

Guthrie & Ghani

Francesca

Guthrie & Ghani
« on: May 18, 2017, 14:48:11 PM »
I ordered from the place a while back, and in the parcel was a lovely note talking about some of the items I'd purchased (a men's shirt pattern and some espadrille soles) and thanking me for my order, I was SO impressed. Oh, and it arrived literally one day after! I must've ordered at about 10am and had it the following afternoon.

I just contacted them again because I wanted to colourblock a garment and needed advice on matching up weights of jerseys. They were so helpful in explaining the weight of the one I liked and how it would pair with others. They were clearly very knowledgeable (they told me the yoke fabric I'd picked was quite light, so the heavier jerseys would distort at the seam line).

They are expensive, but they are excellent too!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 14:50:05 PM by Francesca »

sewingj

Re: Guthrie & Ghani
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 18:47:08 PM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 18:58:50 PM by sewingj »

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 18:52:55 PM »
Another Tilly.  Polka dots and tweeness.  No ta
 :S :devil: :fish:
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 19:56:59 PM »
Another Tilly.  Polka dots and tweeness.  No ta
 :S :devil: :fish:

She was in the same cohort as Tilly on Sewing bee, but she made it to the final three and was the runner up to the winner.  I think she sews well, but the ridiculous time pressures turned her into a bit of a drama queen.

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 21:22:50 PM »
She wept a lot, used a lot of polka dot bias binding, made more little girl dresses.  She wasn't QUITE as annoying as Tilly, but I would still utilise a fish, briskly.

C'est moi!