The Sewing Place

Friday 19th May

SingingSinger

Friday 19th May
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:47:21 AM »
Can't believe I'm first up for the daily thread. I'm in hospital after having long awaited thyroid surgery yesterday. All being well, I should be going home this morning and will have 2 weeks off work to recuperate. Hoping to feel well enough to catch up on some sewing!  :thread:
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Owner of a Bernina 730 Record & a Singer 201K.

Pearl

Re: Friday 19th May
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:08:43 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery, SS.

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
Hope you're feeling better after the grotty surgery- that op seems to be getting more and more common.

I woke up at stupid o clock, after a fractured night, scattered with propranalol-induced hallucinations.  I HATE GIANT SPIDERS IN MY BED!  This one frightened me so much I couldn't calm my breathing for quite a while afterwards.  Very tiring... So glad I have an employer that has stressed me to the point of needing medication that does this to me.  Fab.

Before going to bed yesterday, I got started on sewing another addition to my steampunk wardrobe, which should go together very quickly.  The pile of sewing is shrinking a little!

The rest of today will be largely sitting around supporting my A level students in their prep for exams, and one class of adult GCSE students.  Pretty chilled, all in all.  Unless there's a repeat of yesterday, when I was ousted from 2 classes, but not re-roomed.  Sigh.
C'est moi!

SingingSinger

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 06:53:54 AM »
Thanks pearl and DF. The surgery was not as bad as I anticipated but I am a bit sore this morning. They've offered me morphine  :loveit:

Omg, that nightmare sounds terrifying! DF :o
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Owner of a Bernina 730 Record & a Singer 201K.

DementedFairy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 06:56:29 AM »
 :devil:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmorphiiiiiinnnnnnnneeeeeeee

Take it take it, they won't let you have much anyway, and it's worth the insects in your skin lol
C'est moi!

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »
Can't believe I'm first up for the daily thread. I'm in hospital

aaaand you have answered your own question!!! They wake you up hideously early in hospital don't they???? Why ??

When I was really ill in hop they gave me moooooorrrrrppppphhhinnne ... Hated it (probably would've liked it better than pain) made me feel and think very strange things!

If you're up and tapping away on a device SS, you're probably well on your way to recovery.... and long may it continue...

Woo Hooo its Friday ...YAY!!! and I'm off to the Docs, to finally sort the big M out, this morning!!!!

Happy Friday Folks!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mama likes to make

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

Zigzag

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »
End of the week already.  Cloudy here this morning and rain is on the way.  Lots of gardening done yesterday in the sunshine.  Hope everyone feels better to enjoy the weekend.  <3
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »
SS, hope you are well on the way to recovery. DF,  hope the giant spiders behave. Nightmares are no fun. It's surprising how long it takes for your heart to stop racing when you are woken with one.

I'm planning a trip out today which involves travelling along the Transpennine Fabric Corridor. I wonder if there's any chance of stopping off at certain places....  :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »
Dull and cloudy here, fingers crossed for a dry weekend though. 

A busy Friday in prospect, finishing Lilya's Dorothy dress.  I'll have to deliver it myself, but  I couldn't possibly finish it yesterday.

By Sunday, I hope to have moved on :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 09:26:05 AM »
Get well very soon SS.

Damp and drizzle here now, but the overnight rain was badly needed.

I've got three lacemaking friends coming later this morning.  In theory we make lace, in practice it's more chat plus  :drink: and  :cake:

Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
Get well son SS and good luck Imi ( see yesterday's Rant Thread  post to see how lucky I was )
Sunny here but housework and Sainsbos call..... not very loudly as it happens  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:56:36 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

SingingSinger

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
I've had the all clear to be discharged from hospital. Took the morphine and they've given me some to take home too, lol. Just need to wait for the OH to arrive and I'm off. Yay! Thanks for the best wishes everyone :)  :flower:

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
A busy Friday in prospect, finishing Lilya's Dorothy dress

Glad! you chose to call it a day, yesterday and came to it fresh today!
It will probably be easy, peasy, squeeze the lemons, chill now that you are rested...
and pics please of the lil darling in the finished article

Im back from the Docs clutching a packet of patches... Will apply after a (much needed) bath tonight!
Did I tell you I RC'ed my index finger on Sunday afternoon and have been having to keep it dry all week ...
which is almost impossible!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pinkstar

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 11:47:01 AM »
That's good SS, you recover much better at home rather than in hospital where there is to much noise and disturbance.

DRUGS  :devil: :devil: Now I never had a problem with propanalol no hallucinations or anything like that, Diamorphine yup that was weird  :o and fluoxetine nearly killed me, yes literally!

Been to Aldi this morning its just re opened after being refurbished and they have moved everything around aarrgghh! but its much better.