The Sewing Place

Greenthumbing for Spring!

Iminei

Re: Greenthumbing for Spring!
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2017, 07:06:39 AM »
Looks lovely Jo,
I'll enjoy sunning myself on that terrace when I visit you in a week and a bit for the grand opening of your Splurge!
  • Jo likes this
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Jo

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2017, 07:37:44 AM »
Thanks Imi :) You're welcome anytime!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

LeilaMay

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2017, 15:33:06 PM »
Fence panels and trellis now put up down left side of garden. Fence overpainted green at the bottom of the garden - it was random and patchy, at least now it has some sense of unity).
Excess timber from demolition moved out onto the front drive waiting to be nicked - yes please help yourself - or the skip.

Next apparently it's leveling the dug-out, lower level, and slab laying before the shed arrives.

One day there will be planting, one day...

:)
REALLY no more room for vintage machines!  :)

Ploshkin

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2017, 16:51:08 PM »
My garden is rather random and wild as I concentrate most of my gardening time on growing veg.  The boundary is a small river with woodland beyond and one of my favourite things in the garden (for which I take no credit as it was already here) is the rose that flowers on the opposite river bank at this time of the year.  I think it is planted and not wild but it spreads at least 30' along the bank and is 15' high.  The perfume is divine and fills the house especially in the evening.  When we get heavy rain (frequently) the level and speed of the water increase rapidly and the long trailing flower stems bounce up and down on the surface of the water.
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2017, 18:03:27 PM »
That's lovely... I'd love a stream in the garden, I'll have to make do with the ponds.

Catllar

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2017, 18:33:03 PM »
A stream would be my idea of heaven too!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sandra

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2017, 19:30:09 PM »
Ploshkin...that looks beautiful.

I'd love to live close to a spot like that  :flower:....simple pleasures.

Sandra.
xxx

Acorn

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2017, 21:29:21 PM »
Ploshkin, that rose looks like a Rambling Rector.  We have one on the boundary between our garden and our fields and it is quite rampant and very beautiful.

We have a stream round two sides of our fields, but they are nothing like as pretty as yours.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »
that rose looks like a Rambling Rector.
Thank you Acorn, I've never heard of that.  The lady who had the house before us was an excellent plantswoman but unfortunately when we came here the whole place was buried in 10' high nettles and brambles.
Life's too short for ironing.

LeilaMay

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
Still in the building phase here - Mr is laying a breeze block wall and making steps down to the low level. I have planted ONE plant so far - a fragrant climbing rose - nut the rest is still waiting. Got the shed up, that's helpful. Picture later  :)

This is the rose we have planted
http://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/mme-alfred-carriere
REALLY no more room for vintage machines!  :)

Iminei

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
tis indeed a rambling rector!

We too have one that has gone absolutely beserk this year.

It flowers once, myriad small open four (or five) petal blooms, and then the growth spurt starts...
As I said ours has gone bananas and no one walking past is safe from its tiny thorns reaching out from over the fence ....

I really must go and cut those random spears of foliage off!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again