The Sewing Place

Button boxes

Sewsuzie

Re: Button boxes
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »
I was looking in Waterstones for something to read and picked up this book as I liked the cover. It's called "The Button Box: The Story of Women in the 20th Century Told Through the Clothes They Wore" and I'm enjoying it. Anyone else read it? :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018WYGLY4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Looks really interesting. I've just downloaded a sample of it on kindle, so might go on to buy it as a real book, cos I think my mum would like it too.

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

Lantana

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 16:11:49 PM »
I was looking in Waterstones for something to read and picked up this book as I liked the cover. It's called "The Button Box: The Story of Women in the 20th Century Told Through the Clothes They Wore" and I'm enjoying it. Anyone else read it? :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018WYGLY4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Oh yes that does look interesting. I've added it to my wish list.  :)

L :vintage:

Ravingdoll

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 19:50:24 PM »
Buttons!  Button boxes!  Love them.  Here's my offering .....

Catllar

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2017, 23:51:01 PM »
Lovely boxes - all full?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ravingdoll

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 00:01:12 AM »
Yep. But you kind of suspected that didn't you??!  ;)

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »
Well you all know what I keep my buttons in ....

Still loads to get new homes for!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

ajuga

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »
What a lovely chest of drawers Iminei.

I was in town this morning and there was a picture in the window of an art shop made entirely of buttons. It was very effective.

Manuela

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 14:28:32 PM »
Gorgeous button drawers Iminei. My button storage is rather boring, I keep them in empty tea tins (Twining Earl Grey) that are labeled on the lid with permanent marker (spare buttins, shirt buttons, snap buttons, metal shank buttons, etc.). The tins fit neatly in a narrow drawer unit next to the door to the sewing room.