The Sewing Place

Cold shoulder?

Marniesews

Re: Cold shoulder?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 18:15:58 PM »
It does seem to suit me but doesn't feel right and I must admit I've not liked many of the ones I've seen others wearing. Like vegegrow I tend to feel the cold without a collar or scarf so that might be part of it too.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Bogwoppit

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 21:40:47 PM »
I know they suit my shape as I wore them in my 20's on nights out. Think they had another name then.
But now in my 40's they don't fit with my image, if chasing a 4 year old with no make up, windswept hair and jeans that have the right knee worn out is an image.

The mums wearing them round here are the young ones dressed up to the nines at 8.45am. with designer holes in their otherwise immaculate jeans.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

crooknees

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 18:11:48 PM »
It is not a style I would wear. I was persuaded to try on a top, but it felt like it does when a bra strap slips off.  :devil: Very irritating. No, even if I were younger, I wouldn't wear this style.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 19:52:38 PM »
Lots of cold shoulder tops around but I've only seen one that looked really good:  something that appeared to be silk on a tall, slim person probably in her early 20s.  What I absolutely don't get is cold shoulder sweaters/jumpers: aren't sweaters supposed to keep you warm?