The Sewing Place

Wednesday May 24th

Lowena

Wednesday May 24th
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:06 AM »
Well, the middle of the week is here ( just about ) Have a good Wednesday, peeps  :) I will be gardening this morning ( hope it's warmer than yesterday  -< ) and sewing whilst listening to the cricket this afternoon.
Must rmember to get a lottery ticket....they'd run out at Sainsbos on Monday  :o
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Zigzag

Re: Wednesday May 24th
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:50 AM »
Brilliant entertainment and company with cricket season for your sewing.  Cloudy here this morning.  Warm temperature though.  Going to buy extra fabric that I need for the Japanese Sewalong at Fents in Macclesfield.  Following along the Spectacular Cat and Fiddle Road from Buxton. :flower:
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
Zigzag, if you are in Macc it is also worth dropping in on Shufflebothams (corner of Gunco Lane and Heapy Street on the way to Wincle)  and ask for the remnants room - there's a secret attic room with loads of yummy remnants!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »
Good morning, all.
Clear blue skies here!
Need to by a new phone today as bt are threatening with a mega bucks bill if there's a fault is on my equipment. The one I have is quite old, so no big deal.
Planning a sewing session with DGD3 next week and need some ideas, but I'll start another thread for that.
Lynne

twopence

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
Annual check at docs this morning.  Do I tell her that they have recorded taking out the staples from my hip op about three weeks before it happened?

New glasses to be picked up as they texted yesterday just after I had come home from town and put the car away.

Then on to pick up my blind friend and take her to her PIP assessment in Milton Keynes.  Despite knowing what her diagnoses are they sent paperwork that she cannot read and the appointment in a place that she cannot travel to independently.  Given what have read and heard about these assessments this should be interesting.  The venue is near Debenhams so we're going to have lunch first.

Misty here but suns breaking through now.  Have a good day.

Addict

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 08:40:53 AM »
Sunny here.have clients coming ,then off out fabric  shopping with DIL
sewing in sunny Norfolk

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »
Dull, overcast and cool today, suits me.  The bright sunshine yesterday played havoc with my eyes.

Cut out a T shirt last night.  The White for the SewAlong is eluding me....

Going to try to cut out some cushion covers later, and in-between , do a bit of work!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
Sunny and warm here.... at last. Got some alterations to do this morning and then catch up on some long needed paperwork.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
Unfortunately it's still grey and cool here :( but I must finish the hardy geranium bed in the garden.
Our garden is 1/3 acre and I'm trying to make it less high maintenance now I'm getting older. It used to be herbaceous perennials in the main, but we're replacing 2 long borders with grass :( It upsets me ... but....tempus fugit and all that  :D Also, we never have frosts , so the grass needs cutting 12 months a year, the weeds grow 12 months a year and the s&s are likewise active  :ninja:
Ho hum..... I'm debating whether to enter the Japanese thingy, by making a Sashiko quilted bag....but.....I'm not sure I'm good enough  :|

SingingSinger

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 09:39:11 AM »
Morning! It's a lovely day here and I'm feeling a lot better today after surgery last week. I've started thinking about sewing again but just planning something small to start with (a hanging storage pocket for my campervan). I've been doing some knitting too and have finished one sock and started sock 2. I could really get used to having time off and not having to work!  :drink:
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Owner of a Bernina 730 Record & a Singer 201K.

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »
Glad you're on the mend SS
I've now passed 900 posts!!!  :D

Francesca

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Lovely weather though I've had the most terrible morning. Well I'm at home now today rather than work either way. Going to go and grab some lunch but don't really know what to do with myself!

Efemera

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »
Unfortunately it's still grey and cool here :( but I must finish the hardy geranium bed in the garden.
Our garden is 1/3 acre and I'm trying to make it less high maintenance now I'm getting older. It used to be herbaceous perennials in the main, but we're replacing 2 long borders with grass :( It upsets me ... but....tempus fugit and all that  :D Also, we never have frosts , so the grass needs cutting 12 months a year, the weeds grow 12 months a year and the s&s are likewise active  :ninja:
Ho hum..... I'm debating whether to enter the Japanese thingy, by making a Sashiko quilted bag....but.....I'm not sure I'm good enough  :|

I know how you feel about the garden... I love my garden but it will soon be too big to manage..I look out of the window and feel guilty but there's other things I want to do too...the wisteria is lovely this year

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »
Oh wow, it certainly is Effie - I'm just off out to do another hours weeding and then I'm done until tomorrow

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
To top off my terrible morning I have just found the dining room is covered in tufts of fur and splatters of blood. Seems like there was a pretty nasty cat fight at some point during the night, IN MY HOUSE. Both cats seem fine but I expect there must be some scratches of some sort. Surprised I didn't wake up. What a day. Feeling pretty low right now. Think I better do some sewing.  :\