The Sewing Place

The other S word

Lyn-J

Re: The other S word
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 10:35:12 AM »
I'm joining in!
I lost a lot of weight, got down to my target --- and then meds took it toll!  :(
I need to loose 18 kg. I like kilo - it keeps it unreal - oh good grief! that's 44 lb.

I like the C diet  :D nothing beginning with C.
Cakes, chocolate, crisps, chips, cream, coke...
off to but some celery  :[
Lynne

justpottering

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 15:38:07 PM »
Well day 3 today.First day was ok, but I ate too much bread as in 2 slices and 2nd day I had a stressful and busy morning and when I got in at lunchtime I was so hungry that I ate 2 pieces of bread fresh from the bakery whilst making my lunch oh and a chocolate digestive that wasn't part of the plan!
Today so far has been better, on track and within all boundaries, but the day is not over yet!
My downfall will be bread, I love bread, and cheese, and chocolate digestives, and crisps and a Chinese lemon chicken - however I can resist all that = except bread, I thought about not having any in the house but I think I would get withdrawal symptoms, but this plan has already shown me the areas I need to tackle. I already love fruit and vegetables and salads and eat them all the time but bread and butter is my go-to snack  :(
The milk allowance is a bit of a struggle too, 350ml of skimmed is allowed as a choice, I need at least double that in a day I am a real teapot! already used skimmed milk so that's no problem.
Today as it's the weekend, I have made a menu for the week ahead, I get into bother when I get home from a busy day hungry and don't know what to cook.... also means I go and shop to menu so no naughty bits - will let you know how I get on.
Thankfully DH happy to eat what I eat, I often add something to his meal that I am not having but other than that the bulk of it is the same. He also has a supply of cake which he cannot live without, but thankfully I can.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 15:45:23 PM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

DementedFairy

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 19:14:05 PM »
I like the See Food diet.

Yes, see food and eat it.

Today I have had home made blueberry pancakes,  many cups of earl grey, and some home made almond biccies.  We're just debating what to have for dinner, but haven't got very far.  I love holidays!
C'est moi!

justpottering

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 21:54:57 PM »
I'm doing quite well with activity been for a walk every morning so far and twice dancing this week - DH and I go to a dance club once a week, but some weeks they have a social event, like tonight's so a couple of hours dancing just might negate that chocolate digestive no?  ;)
It helps that the weather has been not too bad and we have lovely walks on our doorstep.
JP

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 14:58:53 PM »
My downfall is alcohol - I do like a drink and that seems to have lot of calories in it, so that's what I stop if I'm dieting. On Saturday  during the gala preparations and evening I necked 3 g and tonics, a small whisky and water, a mojito and 2 glasses of red. The next day I'd lost over half a kilo! Go figure - I reckon it was stress that washed it all away!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

justpottering

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 16:29:05 PM »
Thankfully unlike many of my friends and family alcohol is not a problem for me as I don't drink - not because I have any stance on it one way or the other, but I don't actually like it, I have tried over the years and am now down to a very weak white wine and soda on Christmas day which never actually gets finished - by me anyway.
Just as well alcohol is not on the list of must have foods for dieting, or I woud be the only fat person left on the planet  :D
JP

Lyn-J

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »
I have past a boundary!
The target I had set myself to get down to that means I'm loosing weight not just fluctuating.
2 down 16 to go.
Happy Dancing (how many calories does that burn off)
 0_0 :toast: 0_0 :toast: 0_0 :toast: 0_0
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:49:38 AM by Lyn-J »
Lynne

Sakar

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 12:06:41 PM »
Congratulations Lyn-J!!!  :toast:

Motivated by this thread here, I re-activated my account at fddb.info to see, how much I really eat. Do you write down, what you eat and drink every day?

hernibs

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 17:31:27 PM »
Oh my - how this challenges me....I think I've done every diet in the book and slimming club too.  I know if I am in the right frame of mind nothing will pass my lips that shouldn't.  However getting to that point takes some doing.
I did lose 2 stone some years ago and walked and enjoyed it very much but slowly it has crept on and I'm back to almost 13 stone again....and I am short of breath but thankfully my heart is ok.....so I only have myself to blame....Thursday is June 1st.....and I have targeted that date to make a start as I do feel very uncomfortable most of the time - have already started cooking less and less food.  Bread, now I am another bread lover....but when trying to lose it's only one slice of my homemade wheaten bread in the morning and no other bread at all.
I have put my stash of fabric away as I, too, cannot think of making anything until I lose again.
So ladies I am joining in too.....but I'm not going to a slimming club - I take the view that it is good for some folks but not for me this time.  In my cynical stance I see them mainly as a business - they charge you for their services.

justpottering

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2017, 20:33:05 PM »
Welcome to the thread hernibs  :)
I have to admit that going to a club/group I have enjoyed before but not sure about this one yet - I am usually pretty good of joining in, but this one smacks of cliques the like of which I haven't seen for some time! I am thinking of doing first four weeks with them to get my head fully round the plan, then I will use them only for weighing in, and rather than a Wednesday night which is a busy day for me so a bit of a rush, there's another locally (same company) that's on a Monday morning. I do know that it works better for me if I have to be weighed by someone else. If I do it at home I am good for a while but know I will lose the momentum after a while.
First week weigh-in is tomorrow evening, am out all day and then out after the class (dancing) so will log on late to let you know how I've done - I shall be disappointed if something hasn't happened because I think I have done well this week, but we shall see.
JP

Lyn-J

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 20:52:40 PM »
For those going to Slimming groups. These are great if you are encouraging each other and getting tips from one another. The weigh-in will keep you in check too. Some of the recipe books are superb.

DD was a leader with Weight Watchers for a while. They are trained to say "What do you think you can do better next week?" and "How do you think you can change things?". Basically they are firing whatever you say back at you.

For me having a little bit of success will keep me going because I won't what to undo what I have already done. I have a diet along DH, which is almost like cheating as we don't have any naughty food in the house.

When I dieted before I wrote down what I ate, but I now know what I can eat I don't feel the need.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 21:01:17 PM by Lyn-J »
Lynne

justpottering

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 18:22:32 PM »
Yay me! 3lbs off that'll do for starters  :)
Don't laugh but as soon as I got home I defrosted a harvest roll out of the freezer, spread it with butter and filled it with lots of ham and relished every bite  0_0
My friend said to me you're the only person I know who treats herself to a ham roll when she is celebrating a loss, most of us think we'll have a glass of wine or some chocolate  8)
each to their own is what I say!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 21:22:12 PM by justpottering »
JP

hernibs

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 23:27:36 PM »
Just Pottering - well done indeed !  3 lb is 3 lb less than last week.
I weighed myself this morning and am a smidgen (spelling?) under 13 stone....have put on a few lbs on holiday.
I started this morning with a glass of water and lemon juice and a little honey....this is good for the system.
As for the coming home to eat bread.....when I went to a club (with a friend) we always went for a little treat afterwards...now I don't mean a slice of gateaux or anything so indulgent - just the sort of thing you did when you went home.....and you were happy after eating it.....finished and on to the next day.
Even when losing last time I always had one square of dark chocolate at night and I looked forward to that all day.
Keep going!

justpottering

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »
Thanks hernibs
Today is a new day so out for a walk first thing just had breakfast cereal and fruit going to sit and make a menu plan for this week
A long standing date with friends tonight at a pizza restaurant eek! Seemed like a good idea at the time hopefully with it being the beginning of my slimming week I will be able to limit the damage I must not order their deliciously creamy best I've ever tasted coleslaw as a side - wish me luck  :loveit:
JP

b15erk

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »
Sunny and warm here. More month ending to do, sooooo tedious.

But, then I can sew:)

Brought some sewing in with me, more in hope than expectation!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.