The Sewing Place

The other S word

hernibs

Re: The other S word
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »
Jessie - the rain is heading your way I think.

b15erk

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 11:33:40 AM »
Thanks Hernibs, that's the garden watered then.  <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

justpottering

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 15:45:02 PM »
Why is that once you decide to start a healthy eating plan you start believing you can't survive the day without things that you wouldn't normally eat anyway! I could murder a fresh cream doughnut  :S
Instead I will find solace in my sewing room and start planning all those lovely new clothes I plan to make as part of the journey  :loveit:
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

KayK

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 18:06:19 PM »
Many moons ago I was a leader for Weight Watchers ...... The only thing i can honestly say about the whole experience was, whatever diet you choose to do, stick to it and it will work.  If you don't stick to it, it doesn't work so well!  I found getting folks to honestly keep a food diary really worked too.  Simple steps really - I can say that WW were only really interested in Bums on seats, and the ability to sell their products every week!
Vintage machine lover, Singer 201K, 99K, 401G, Singer 780 Touch and Sew and rather fussy Pfaff Performance......which I'm still not sure about......now a new member of the family - Brother Innovis 700 embroidery machine, cheap and cheerful and sews like a dream!

justpottering

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 21:38:26 PM »
Totally agree kayk
JP

Lyn-J

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 22:13:04 PM »
whatever diet you choose to do, stick to it and it will work.  If you don't stick to it, it doesn't work so well!

and so much easier if you can find one you can stick to  :)
Lynne

Catllar

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 22:20:26 PM »
I found that a food diary is helpful but  remembering to write down everything is essential - oops!!! Anyway today my body was a temple up till 10pm when I cracked for a small glass of something restorative!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

justpottering

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »
Weigh in tonight not sure if anything lost as have resisted stepping onto my scales but I was measuring for a new top yesterday and I have lost an inch off my bust and hips and three quarters an inch off my tummy which to me is more important than what the scales say   :)
JP

Emma2109

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Weigh in tonight not sure if anything lost as have resisted stepping onto my scales but I was measuring for a new top yesterday and I have lost an inch off my bust and hips and three quarters an inch off my tummy which to me is more important than what the scales say   :)

I have been doing SW for just over a year and have lost just under 4 stone. Taking your measurements at the beginning and every few weeks is a great motivation. I, like you, have a stash of some lovely fabric that I plan to use when I have lost another stone.

I agree with an earlier post, if you stick to whatever plan you are on it will work. The key is finding the one for you, however, it has to be a realistic and healthy plan and one which encourages healthier eating habits for a lifetime. The smallest tweaks/changes can help.....and....don't deprive yourself of what you like...life is too short not to have your bread roll...just try not to have the whole loaf at the same time  :P

Good luck with your weigh in later...and no matter what the result, you have lost nearly 2 inches/4.5cm....or better stil 45mm......xxxx

Be the change you want to see in the world x

hernibs

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »
That's good jp - me?  Not good this week as there is too much 'bad' stuff in the house (after a bereavement we always have callers and it is the thing to offer tea etc ) and also I haven't enough proper food in the house  I have made changes but not as many as I had wanted to but onward and downward next week!

justpottering

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2017, 19:20:49 PM »
Well done Emma! Hernibs it will come i find it takes me a few weeks to get organised
One and a half off tonight I'm OK with that  0_0
JP

Catllar

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 23:51:58 PM »
I'm trying to be good! I'm having a crack at a detox. Cutting out dairy, red meat and wheat for a while, along with alcohol ( I promise to try hard with this)  and coffee.   Have made lots of hummus, stocked up on pulses and veggies and made  muesli. No excuses. Got soy milk and herbal teas ( which I drink all the time anyway)

Today had strawberry watermelon orange and banannananana smoothy for breakfast. Lunch had roast veggies and sweet potato sticks. Supper was salad of courgette, fennel tops, baby spinach, tomato, cucumber and some thinned down hummus dressing. Snack was an apricot and 4 figs.  (MrC had roast pork and tatties along with the roast veggies for lunch)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

justpottering

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
WEigh in last night another one and a half off so 6lb so far in 3 weeks which suits me fine..... I worked it out that if I can average 1.5 a week I can be done and dusted in 9 months, I can do nine months - I've had a baby!  0_0
JP

Lowena

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »
Well done JP  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ellabella

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »
Just got on the scales and have dropped two pounds, that makes four since this thread started :D

My plan has been to reduce portion sizes and no seconds.  Our diet has been pretty good for years but I just ate too much of it!

Mind you its easier in summer when the garden is full of salad and veggies.

Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire