The Sewing Place

The other S word

justpottering

Re: The other S word
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
Nice one Ella  :flower:
I agree it's easier in the summer because I love salads and fruit, but not so keen on vegetables, well I like them but not in any quantity will have to conjur up some nice things to do with veg when winter comes - hoping we will get some summer first = still waiting!
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Lyn-J

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 14:48:57 PM »
... and ice cream :(  I love ice cream  :(

I started Slimming World today.  :S  Having to work out how many Syns is putting me off eating.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.
Lynne

Fajita

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 18:11:53 PM »
I haven't been for a month or more, and need to go back. I can feel the bulk returning. There's a session on at 7.30. And they are collecting old clothing for cancer research charity and I have sorted out several bags worth. I need to force me self out the door to go. Half my brain wants to stay here and slob, the other half is calling myself names, lol.
I will go back!!
Honest.

Good luck with your diets everyone.

justpottering

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 19:30:28 PM »
... and ice cream :(  I love ice cream  :(

I started Slimming World today.  :S  Having to work out how many Syns is putting me off eating.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.
Great stuff Lynne that's the first step good luck  :flower:
Hope you get there fajita  :)
This afternoon I went for afternoon tea with a friend to go with the tea I had one of the most delicious slice of cake I have ever had it was blackberry and violet - I need that recipe  :loveit:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 19:34:27 PM by justpottering »
JP

Catllar

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 23:34:58 PM »
So I've been such a good girl and it really hasn't been hard to be fair. Had no meat fish eggs dairy wheat chocolate alcohol for a week now. Feel much much better. First few days were not so good - tired and grumpy. Now I'm on fire - buzzing with energy - all the tummy bloat 's gone. Have discovered noodles and pasta made from quinoa, and lentils and soya. Discovered milk from rice, almonds, spelt, - who knew? Whole new world of food!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewingsue

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2017, 06:39:59 AM »
Wow, Catlar. Well done.
That sounds like a major change of diet.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Fajita

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2017, 08:47:36 AM »
I did get there, thanks. I feel thinner already, just for the commitment.

Today's first challenge, husband home at lunchtime and we are off for quick bite to eat before I go to work. Practise "no thanks, no latte, just a fruit tea". "The soup will be fine, no bread, brill😁".

Catllar

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2017, 22:13:53 PM »
I did get there, thanks. I feel thinner already, just for the commitment.

Today's first challenge, husband home at lunchtime and we are off for quick bite to eat before I go to work. Practise "no thanks, no latte, just a fruit tea". "The soup will be fine, no bread, brill😁".

It is hard - Mr C keeps saying things like " Shall we have a rib of beef on Sunday? What about chicken for Saturday" I could easily give in, but I want to give this a good go. Don't know how long it'll last though! I'm no angel. Going to do span bol tomorrow MrC'll have the traditional meat sauce but I'll use non-wheat noodles and then I'll have lentil bolognese sauce. That's the plan anyway!

justpottering

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 16:27:05 PM »
Weigh in tonight not that I'm hopeful I find I don't want food in this heat which does me no good at all oh except for the cake I had at afternoon tea with a friend and the meals out we had in London on the weekend and a slice of my daughters birthday cake  :D
See you later
JP

justpottering

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 18:23:44 PM »
Ha another pound off its a blooming miracle that's what  0_0
That's half a stone on this particular marathon so far I'll take that  :toast:
Now the challenge is not to put it back on when I'm on holiday for the next three weeks I don't mind if I don't lose any as long as I don't put it back on!
How is everyone else getting along?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 18:26:43 PM by justpottering »
JP

hernibs

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2017, 21:46:27 PM »
You've done so well justpottering...super.....I did seriously start eating properly this week and drinking more water....and that glass of water with lemon juice in it first thing....
Catlar - a little chicken won't hurt. You are very disciplined....I couldn't do what you are doing at all.  I'm too fond of meat.  Wishing everyone a good time eating....all the right things of course!

Diane

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 13:38:57 PM »
Hi ladies
Well done to all your losses.
I've just rejoined SW online, I would like to lose about 37lb and get down to a weight where I feel comfortable. Started off well today and made a frittata of which I'll freeze half for later.

Hopefully the sewing will keep me away from the fridge :|
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.

Frister & Rossmann QE404, overlocker Brother 1034d

justpottering

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 07:58:38 AM »
I love frittata
Well done on joining Diane good luck with your journey!
Don't forget to keep us posted  :)
JP

Fajita

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »
Well done on your successes.
I didn't go to class, was busy rescuing freezer food.  I don't actually think I would have lost anyway, this week. Must do better!

Catllar

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 13:39:03 PM »
Catlar - a little chicken won't hurt. You are very disciplined....I couldn't do what you are doing at all.  I'm too fond of meat.  Wishing everyone a good time eating....all the right things of course!

Of course you are right, but I'm trying to stick to the plan as far as I can for the time being. A little bit of this or a tiny bit of that and there lies the " oh sod it, I'll have a bigger bit" factor! :\

Today I had millet porridge and fresh apricots for breakfast. Lunch was melon, then spinach parsley and mint puree with a cauliflower vinaigrette  and then a tomato and courgette salad. Few raspberries and soy yog.  Not sure how long this will last, but not finding the food hard - what is hard is finding tasty things to do with veg that don't involve lots of oil or butter or cheese! I guess it must be possible. Mr C is complaining about the number of pots and pans I now use to prepare a meal, cos he's the one doing the tidy-up afterwards.