The Sewing Place

Thursday 25th May

Mama likes to make

Thursday 25th May
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:38:43 AM »
Morning everyone. Hope a great day lies ahead for all. I'm hiding in the bed when I should be chasing my children out of theirs!!
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

shadykittykat

Re: Thursday 25th May
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »
It's warm here already, trying to get the dd's ready for school which is always great fun  :S food shopping and work later so I'm hoping it's not going to be too hot!       
Kate
Running, sewing, eating.....
Wandering warily in warmest Worcestershire

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »
Yes it looks like it will be hot. Hope the air conditioning is working on all my trains today or at least that the windows can open!  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Jo

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »
It's raining here and it's probably gonna rain all day :(
I've been waiting for a book to arrive in the mail, hopefully today will be the day.
Also have to send my Jawbone Up3 bracelet to service, the clasp got broken. Probably just bad design, everyone I know that had one said it broke in under 1 year.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

SingingSinger

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
I'm going to have a quiet day, pottering. I have a new-to-me vintage Singer button hole attachment to play with (thanks BrendaP!) I used my Singer 201k yesterday the first time for a long time. I'd almost forgotten what a delight it is to use, totally fuss free, just gets on with the job :)
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Owner of a Bernina 730 Record & a Singer 201K.

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
Living in am area which is usually late to get warmer weather I am trying very hard not to complain about the temperature (but a couple of degrees lower would be appreciated).
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 09:07:05 AM »
Enjoy your play SS!  You will soon have buttonholes to die for!

Lilyday today, means I knock off work at about 1.30, so I want to fit some work and some sewing into a short space of time.

Beautiful weather, so I may take Lilya to the park for half an hour, if she's not too tired.  Then home to cook dinner.....  ><

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »
No idea what I'm doing today...I should really do the paperwork I didn't do yesterday or do some gardening but I'm waiting for a text from a friend to see if we're meeting for lunch.

twopence

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »
Lingered in bed again as this mornings meeting is cancelled.  Getting up now to talk nicely to the garden fairies and ask for the rose from my watering can back.  Will take a few bits to a local church which has things for the homeless and then I will watch this afternoon's Chelsea while sewing.

Lyn-J

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 09:24:08 AM »
Sunny and warm here  :) :) :)
My phone's still not working properly. I'm waiting for a man with a cherry picker to go up the pole  :[
Lynne

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
Sunny and warm here  :) :) :)
My phone's still not working properly. I'm waiting for a man with a cherry picker to go up the pole  :[

We had to have a man with a cherrypicker.. he arrived at 6am on a Sunday Morning because he saw it was a single track road and he didn't want to have to have it closed with diversions set up :)
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Zigzag

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:07 AM »
Another gloriosly sunny morning here.  Looking forward to visiting Shuttlebothams this morning and enjoying a second scenic drive along the Cat and Fiddle Rd, down towards  Macclesfield.   Happy sunny Thursday to everybody.  :flower:
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Francesca

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
So warm! I pulled one of my sundresses out of the wardrobe. Nice and cool but also a bit booby and I totally forgot this when I sat on the floor of the train and realised I was showcasing myself to all the people standing above me. Oh well.

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »
Sunshine, a cloudless sky and a lovely gentle breeze - and the temperature is already 24.5c!! 

I have waved my guests off, no work to do and the day is my own.   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
When we had a man out recently he just climbed up the pole, no cherry pickers here!
Seems like today is a day for a gentle ride to the local brewery for lunch, with PoppyPuppy in her bike trailer.