The Sewing Place

Thursday 25th May

Mama likes to make

Re: Thursday 25th May
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
It's a scorcher here too. Downside is trying to suncream three wriggly children before school as well as the usual morning stuff!!!
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 11:40:49 AM »
Lovely day here. I've been told I must have a day of doing nothing ( by OH ) as I really overdid things yesterday and ended up feeling dreadful. I went to bed at 8pm.
I'm off to sit in the sun....there's so much to do in the garden, I'll see how I feel this afternoon  ;)
I do have to be a bit careful as I have both a bad heart and a collapsed disc in my spine ... but.... needs must when things need doing.....and......I hate giving into the fact that I'm a bit of an old crock  :D :D ( trouble is, I never know when to stop )
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Jo

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 12:19:13 PM »
Seems all the warm weather here left for the Uk  :D I'm currently wearing 3 layers of clothes and still am close to shivering.
I spent 1 hour doing some paperwork, and then 3 hours tracking some mistakes in the paperwork I did  :angry: So very productive!
I'd love to see pics of everyone's garden, do we have a topic for that?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Francesca

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 13:17:02 PM »
Seems all the warm weather here left for the Uk  :D I'm currently wearing 3 layers of clothes and still am close to shivering.
I spent 1 hour doing some paperwork, and then 3 hours tracking some mistakes in the paperwork I did  :angry: So very productive!
I'd love to see pics of everyone's garden, do we have a topic for that?

There are a fair few in the Greenthumbing thread (mainly mine but others have shared theirs).

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 15:25:00 PM »
My legs and back still won't co operate with each other, so I'm off to the sunlounger again for an hour or so  ;)

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 15:36:20 PM »
It's too hot to expect co-operation from body parts - have a nice rest.   :)  29 degrees here...  :|
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

twopence

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 15:40:03 PM »
Low, take things easy and listen to your body.  I'm just about to watch Chelsea to make sure that I don't overdo things in the sun.

BajaSusana

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 15:47:00 PM »
Warm and sunny today. High expected to hit 41. Thankfully we have a pool!
Recovering from a 24 hour bug that flattened me yesterday.
Summer is upon us.

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 17:02:43 PM »
OMG! that is hot Susana. It's 28 here, but hotter in the sun obviously.
I know Twopence and Acorn, but I seem to be unable to pace myself....it's all or nothing with me  :|
I'm going to binge on Chelsea coverage this evening, no more sun for me today ( beetroot really isn't my favourite comlexion colour  :D )
OH got the hose pipe out for me ( even though we're on a water meter ) and I'm just going to water the pots when it's a tad cooler.... then Chelsea, wine, cheese and biccys  <3

Acorn

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 17:20:10 PM »
Very civilised!   0_0

It got up to 32c here, which was bad enough.  I think 41 would turn me into a gibbering wreck!  It's still up at 30, but there is a pleasant breeze, and the scent of the wisteria is wafting through the window, so I'm not complaining.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lantana

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 17:39:49 PM »
Just about to take my sons dog for a walk have been waiting for the temperatures to go down a bit. She like me is feeling her age.

I'm looking after her as my son has a block of 12 hour shifts coming up and in a nice little bit of synchroncity having her here as led to me finding out why I've seen so little of my neighbour since she moved in. I was beginning to wonder if she was there at all!

Supervising dogs evening ablutions up the garden my neighbour was also enjoying the cool air so we had our first proper chat. Explaining about why I'd got the dog turns out it's the same reason I've seen so little of her ..... she also does blocks of 12 hour shifts and like my son is a mental health carer.  :)

L :vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

Tamnymore

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 17:47:37 PM »
I'm hot but at least my trains had their air con working. Zigzag, I do hope you enjoyed your trip to Shuffs today.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Mama likes to make

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 17:49:25 PM »
24c here now just finished a barbecue dinner and chilling before the kids bedtime. It's forecasting 26c tomorrow so looking forward to that.
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

maliw

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 19:52:11 PM »
It's been hot here today too, sorry but I don't do heat, well not hot anyway. I've been making bunting this afternoon (don't tell DF) and I had the fan going so things weren't too bad. I changed to the summer duvet a few nights ago, I don't think I'll even need that tonight as the bedroom is so warm and it's supposed to be around 16 degrees tonight, not much sleep them.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 19:59:07 PM »
Bit hot innit?  Mind you there was a nice bit of breeze cycling over to the brewery for lunch.  0_0