The Sewing Place

Friday 26th May

Addict

Friday 26th May
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:02:01 AM »
lovey Sunny and warm here .got to take car to garage for new tyres  :S. Then lots of  :pattern: :fabric: :sew: :shirt: :frock: to do
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Efemera

Re: Friday 26th May
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:06 AM »
Going out this morning... meeting a friend for coffee. May sew my http://itch-to-stitch.com/product/lisbon-cardigan-digital-sewing-pattern-pdf/ when I come back.

Zigzag

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »
Happy Sunny Friday morning everybody.  :flower: 
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 08:52:34 AM »
Beautiful day here.  I need to clear some work off my desk for the Bank Holiday, I hate coming in on Tuesday to a pile of old stuff.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself after my fall yesterday, and the stairs are a challenge!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
Looks like it will be a hot day. Hope the sun lasts into the weekend but looks there will be thunder tomorrow.  :'(
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
...Feeling a bit sorry for myself after my fall yesterday, and the stairs are a challenge!

Jessie
Hope you feel better soon - not too much  :toast: was it??   ;)

Another hot and sunny day here again, no plans yet.  I should probably embroider the poodle design I have onto a piece of hi-vis fabric for a flag for Poppy's bike trailer.  That will mean moving the machine from the ridiculously hot conservatory into a cooler room.  I can't wait to get the conservatory knocked down and our new extension built.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »
Cloudy here, although we weren't supposed to get cloud until this evening  -<
Housework, shopping, gardening today and a BBQ this evening... hopefully
Triumph of hope over experience :D

twopence

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
Sunny here but scheduling a walk though the spinner before it gets too hot.  Then more work on daughter's quilt as I want to be able to give it to her when she stops for a couple of days next week.  That will be one thing out of the way.  It has lots of ends to sew in where I have been outlining the centre panel so that can be done in the garden.

No BBQ today but as we have a big brick built BBQ in the garden I am wondering whether to buy just a small one for when it is just two.  Invited to OH's eldest sons for BBQ on Sunday so he will get to see his granddaughter though if grandma is there no one will get a look in. 

Pinkstar

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Another hot sunny day, but we have a breeze today thank goodness.

The dogs are wanting a walk but they are going to have to wait until this evening as it is far to warm out there for them.  I'm going to the shops later on and buying them cooling mats to lay on, poor Oscar has not been able to get comfortable the last few nights as he sleeps in a crate and he doesn't have enough room to move to a cool spot  :(

Zigzag

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 16:34:24 PM »
Just got back from a fabulous cycle along the Macclesfield Canal to Bolsover locks and beyond.  Spent the  late afternoon at the Ice Cream Farm followed by refreshing pots of tea..  Beautiful weather  :flower:
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

justpottering

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 16:54:38 PM »
Had a busy morning and after lunch it would have been the easiest thing to lounge about but the weather was too good to resist and as there is a forest just a few yards from the garden gate ki went for a walk it was amazing dappled shady paths a warm breeze and birds singing their little hearts out. Came back invigorated
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 17:08:39 PM »
What a lazy day, all I've done is cycle over to the village (only a mile away) to post some letters and pick up a parcel, then sat in the hot tub for a while.  I think it may be time for another quick dip before teatime  0_0

BrendaP

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 20:27:02 PM »
there is a forest just a few yards from the garden gate

My parents retired to the Forest of Dean.  Their back gate literally opened into the forest. 
The pace of life then was definitely slower than here in Kent, but it's 12 years now snce I've been down that way.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

justpottering

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 20:48:02 PM »
Sometimes I forget how lovely it is here, you know what it's like, you don't always appreciate what's on your doorstep, and our lovely dog of 18 years left us 3 years ago so I just don't seem to walk locally as much since then, but I have promised myself I will.
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea