The Sewing Place

Sunday May 28th

Lowena

Sunday May 28th
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:14:42 AM »
Hi all, me again in the middle of the night. I seem to be living my life back to front  :D
I'm off to play word games on FB.... that should relax my mind !!! :D
Have a good Sunday, do whatever you want to.... there won't be another Sunday in May for almost a year  ;)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

Re: Sunday May 28th
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 05:34:36 AM »
Morning Lowena but I hope you're fast asleep now. I'm awake, nose streaming then blocked and can't sleep. OH  had something similar for two days at the beginning of last week, is it hayfever or just another bug? It's raining at the moment but still feels warm. I'm not used to these early mornings!!
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Zigzag

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:27:16 AM »
Raining here this morning and hay fever is worse due to the pollen being disdurbed  :flower:  enjoyed a sewing session yesterday early evening when the rain came.  Earlier on managed to stake support canes for geraniums to help them to keep together off the lawn.   Happy Sunday everybody.   :drink:
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Addict

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
Hot and sunny here .doing some sewing to help keep cool
sewing in sunny Norfolk

twopence

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 07:47:15 AM »
Sunny here and will be warm.  I'm awake early so catching up here before making the tea and going back to bed with it.

Must cut OH's hair this morning as it's at least nine weeks since I last did it.  He has lovely hair with a curl which I love and he hates.  Mine is straight of course.

Lyn-J

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »
Good morning!
A lovely sunny day here!  <3 to all those suffering from hayfever/colds.
undecided whether to knit and sew today. I have some scrummy cotton yarn in raspberry!
Lynne

justpottering

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »
Good morning all I have been sat in the garden with a cuppa thinking about the day ahead. Its nice weather at the moment but rain expected later I have hung some washing out so will have to keep a look out.
Today I need to go shopping colour my hair and finish off a new top that I plan to wear out dancing tonight a social affair at our dance club.
Happy to report lots of bees in the garden again today  :loveit:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:25:49 AM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 08:37:58 AM »
Definitely cooler here though plenty of hot air is trapped indoors- that's not inusual in this bousehold.

I've lugged my sewing machine back up to the (now cooler) attic and hope to make some progress on a coat (the one with the bound buttonholes) today. Why I am making a coat at this time of year I don't know. I am itching to make something a bit more summery.

I bought  a length of cotton fabric (4m at 90cm wide for £3) in a charity shop yesterday. It was labelled 'old' so I told them if they labelled it vintage they could charge more! However it was a bit marked in places so I've given it a good ol' wash and if that doesn t improve it I might have to donate it back or use it for a toile.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
Off out to a car boot sale later this morning then hopefully finish the Lisbon Cardigan.

Fajita

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
Not sure what we are doing today. Didn't get our picnic yesterday as the weather was pants, so might try again today.

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
Cloudier, more wind and cooler here. Still woke up with swollen feet and ankles though.
Main job for the day is transferring pattern marks to calico toile - boring but necessary (need to practice thinking 'not boring - skill learning').
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
Cloudy and muggy here. We're going to some local open gardens this afternoon
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 11:20:14 AM »
Back here again, just watched Jennie Rayment on Create and Craft on C&C website as I don't watch it on tv. Not as informative for me as her usual programmes once I've ignored all the selling blurb at the beginning but entertaining. I just love the way she throws things on  the floor, it's a wonder that she doesn't fall over. Oh I forgot, she also made bunting - for those who are interested !!!!!!!!!!!
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

SingingSinger

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Morning :) I've made a lining for a small wicker picnic basket this morning, pressing both my vintage machines into service; the Singer doing the straight stitching, and the Bernina set up for zigzagging the edges. It was very pleasing to have both machines in action at once. Now I need a rest for a bit (I have to keep reminding myself it's only just over a week since I had surgery so feeling tired is probably to be expected!)
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Owner of a Bernina 730 Record & a Singer 201K.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »
Coffee in the garden at the moment.  Getting some outside time in before the rain expected.  Then up in my sewing room.   I have so many things I want to do I don't know where to start.  :)
another nine here suffering with hay fever....and I,ve had me pills! >:)