The Sewing Place

Diane

« on: May 28, 2017, 13:13:41 PM »
Hi
I'm Di, 51yrs old and have just started sewing again after a long time away from the hobby. I have lots of sewing bits, lots of fabric etc just need the ideas to get going. So glad to see the start of a new sewing website after TSF disappeared. Looking for inspiration along the way.

Just acquired a new sewing room from hubby who no longer uses it, so excited to get it organised as it looks a right mess at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 13:16:35 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Vegegrow

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 13:17:54 PM »
Welcome Diane grab a  :drink: and have a wander round ...lots of familiar names from the old place. and lots to read
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Diane

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 13:22:52 PM »
Welcome Diane grab a  :drink: and have a wander round ...lots of familiar names from the old place. and lots to read

Cheers, can't wait to get going, just ordered some more storage as I have lots of stuff everywhere.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

violetpastille

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 16:16:54 PM »
Hi Diane!

Me too, 49 and just started sewing again. (And buying lots of ambitious patterns). I sewed a gathered skirt though!

Welcome!

Lantana

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 16:31:44 PM »
Welcome from me too Diane! This sewing forum is a great place for inspiration and help. Looking forward to seeing what you will sew now that you have a room and have got your enthusiasm back!  :sew:  :thread: :snip:  :pin:  :fabric:

Lanty   :vintage:

maliw

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 17:01:01 PM »
Hello and welcome from me, I hope you will gain inspiration for ideas to use some of your fabric. Enjoy having a sewing room too.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Diane

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 18:12:20 PM »
Hi Diane!

Me too, 49 and just started sewing again. (And buying lots of ambitious patterns). I sewed a gathered skirt though!

Welcome!

Hi
Ambitious patterns scare the living daylights out of me, I think I need some practice on all the stitch types etc, it's been a long time.

Diane

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 18:16:58 PM »
Welcome from me too Diane! This sewing forum is a great place for inspiration and help. Looking forward to seeing what you will sew now that you have a room and have got your enthusiasm back!  :sew:  :thread: :snip:  :pin:  :fabric:

Lanty   :vintage:

I think I'll start off with some small bits just to get in the swing of sewing again. Would like to make a door stop so that will be one of the first things I do. Quite fancy doing the pyramid one, I've attached a picture of the one I spotted, I have no pattern so I'll just make it up as I go along. I won't add the pocket as this one is a pin cushion, and I'll fill it with rice.

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 18:17:35 PM »
Welcome Diane, everyone's really nice here and incredibly helpful.

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 18:20:16 PM »
Welcome from me too. Please pop over to The Dark Side  :ninja: we don't bite  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Diane

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 18:23:07 PM »
Welcome from me too. Please pop over to The Dark Side  :ninja: we don't bite  :ninja:

The dark side? Where's that?

Diane

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 18:28:34 PM »
Ah just seen it, now funny you should mention patchwork and quilting. I started quite a while ago making a patchwork something, not quite sure what it was going to be but never the less I did start. Will dig it out. I remember buying loads of 4" squares from all over the world, mainly the states. Will see where I've got and pop over to the dark side :D

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 18:33:17 PM »
Good girl  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lantana

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 18:37:50 PM »
It's for patchwork and quilting scroll down the main menu.  :)

There's a discussion going on about bunting at the moment which would also be a nice easy stress free project to start with. You might not like it of course, one of our members (Demented Fairy) HATES it and so we like to tease her!

If the 'dark arts' appeal there is a thread for learning new blocks and we are also having a go at a mystery quilt both lead my Iminei. Even it you just like looking at quilts there are some wonderful ones to be seen in that area of the board.

Of course all the areas show brilliant work  :)

L :vintage:

AH HA! I see you've already found it and I'm preaching to the converted! 0_0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 18:39:53 PM by Lantana »