The Sewing Place

New sewing room

Lowena

Re: New sewing room
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »
 :P I never spoke to LLB so I'll concede that point to you Lanty  :D
I wonder how his ( BF's ) twins are doing ?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lantana

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
Yes I wonder that ... I got the impression that in the early days at least he found them very hard work. A remark about the biggest pests in the garden being the 2 legged variety, clearly referring to his children.  0_0 That may well have been said in jest but mmmm not so sure!

L :vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 13:01:25 PM »
Wallpaper on one wall is probably enough, and magnolia rather than white for the others is what I would go for.  Green and pruple stripes for the curtains would be nice too.

Most important thing is that you've got a decent space for sewing, it won't take long to have it full and overflowinghttp://thesewingplace.org.uk/Smileys/thesewingplace/cunning.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 13:12:05 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy, Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born in 1940. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitch.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 13:11:34 PM »
I've kept about six pairs of jeans, going to cut these up and save some of the denim, will see if I can find something to make using them.

This was made from old jeans.  I used Butterick 6063 as it has minimal shaping and sewed the squares together to make pieces big enough for each pattern piece.
Brenda.  My machines are: Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy, Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born in 1940. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitch.

Diane

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 13:25:08 PM »
This was made from old jeans.  I used Butterick 6063 as it has minimal shaping and sewed the squares together to make pieces big enough for each pattern piece.

That's impressive :) I've just cut up a load of jeans to save the fabric.
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.

Frister & Rossmann QE404, overlocker Brother 1034d

Diane

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 13:31:34 PM »
Well I've been having a bit of a sort out now that my storage has arrived. Sorting through bags and boxes and oh my, haven't even opened a lot of the stuff I got online, how naughty is that. Got so much fabric now, can't wait to get started.

Regarding the decoration of the room, I agree with papering one wall, not sure whether to paper the wall with the window in or the larger wall on the left of the window?
I like the idea of cream for the other walls and the ceiling and sloping wall I'll do in white. Just sorting out some fixings so I can hang up all my rulers and templates so they don't get broken.
“I will not buy any fabric until I use my fabric stash at home,” I said. And then I laughed and laughed.

BrendaP

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 13:45:43 PM »
I would paper the plain wall.  Partly because the window and curtains will detract from the nice pattern of the paper and partly because papering around a window recess is a PITA when it comes to matching pattern repeats.

Diane

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 14:48:49 PM »
I would paper the plain wall.  Partly because the window and curtains will detract from the nice pattern of the paper and partly because papering around a window recess is a PITA when it comes to matching pattern repeats.

I think your right, I'll paper the large wall and just emulsion the rest, that will make it a quicker job, more time for sewing then.

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 15:16:12 PM »
Brenda, I can't tell you how much I like that jacket.    <3 <3 <3  0_0

I have another project to prepare for...  ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lantana

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 18:11:06 PM »
I loved the jacket too Brenda! Really well made. :)

Daine I'm getting almost as excited about your sewing room as I did mine!

You are making good progress with the sort out I see. It's always a bit of a surprise when you start opening boxes and bags and start finding out exactly how much you have got and remembering the plans you had for it. Can be quite emotional I find with just a hint of guilt for seasoning  :devil:

L:vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!