The Sewing Place

StyleArc's latest offering

maliw

StyleArc's latest offering
« on: May 28, 2017, 17:09:11 PM »
 I've just had an e-mail from StyleArc, for anyone wanting a similar dress to Kate's dress at Pippa's wedding have a look at the following:-
http://www.stylearc.com.au/stylearc/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1065&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=39&utm_campaign=website&utm_source=SendGrid&utm_medium=email
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

DementedFairy

Re: StyleArc's latest offering
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 17:37:48 PM »
I had that email, and went 'ooh ooh new StyleArc gimme gimme'.  Then groaned.  It's not their usual thing is it?  Mind you, they did really well selling knock offs of her stuff when she did some tour of Oz a while back, so can't blame them.
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 17:45:02 PM »
It definitely isn't for  me. Like you , when I get an e-mail I usually have to hide the 'card' before I open it, but I thought I'd put the link on here in case anyone was looking for something similar.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 17:53:19 PM »
Exactly the same here - excitement, disappointment, but then a certain admiration because it does look like a pretty good representation.

Now, Stylearc, we want some of your more usual fare to make up for the disappointment.   ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 18:20:08 PM »
I didn't get the email but I do like the outfit, however it's way to dressy for me.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 20:46:09 PM »
Not my thing.... very mumsy, I don't like those gathers under the bust... they make you look like your boobs are in a saggy bag.

DementedFairy

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 20:57:17 PM »
they make you look like your boobs are in a saggy bag.

Mine are
C'est moi!

Efemera

SingingSinger

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
It's a pretty good copy of Kate's dress. Not my style but I imagine there being some mother of the bride dresses popping up from this pattern.
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)