The Sewing Place

Weekend sewing plans anyone?

jen

Re: Weekend sewing plans anyone?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 15:43:19 PM »
Good luck with the course Manuela. My should be quick jacket is on hold, domestic emergencies and waiting for supplies of bits and pieces. I  managed to cut out some trousers for dd from a tnt pattern after doing a smaller size strike off.

Manuela

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 00:03:00 AM »
Thank you Jen, the course starts on September 18 and I do everything to be as well prepared as possible.
I had a bit of time yesterday, so I did something really unselfish. I cut 2 pairs of jeans for Mr Manuela. He wants some light weight jeans in colours other than blue or black, so he'll get one pair in teal and one in red (his choice)  :D

jen

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 09:42:18 AM »
Teal and red, that sounds like it will be more interesting making up than the usual range of jeans colours Manuela. The postman brought me some more zips -  I'm finding one of them irresistably pretty so that's sorted. A fellow stitcher has sent me some photos of a new to me zip insertion method, a few samples and I'm good to go. I'm not going to post the method here yet as she's going to blog it, but I'll bung in a link when she does. 

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
What is it with men and red trousers??

There are a load of (mainly) elderlying men who wear red trews around here ....
and they are all men of a certain income level .... as in wealthy, landed gentry!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
The postman brought me some more zips -  I'm finding one of them irresistably pretty so that's sorted.
One of the postmen?   ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

jen

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 15:17:57 PM »
I wish  0_0

toileandtrouble

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 18:32:57 PM »
Well, only got 3/4 way through my first item, but it is looking good.  The only problem I like it so much I've gone and ordered some shoes  to go with it. How not to save money by sewing.
Will rush the nightdress but the blind just got pushed back to week after next, by an alteration for a wedding on Friday. Basically bringing in the neck and shoulders of a dress by one size to  make the top fit.  I think it can be done but that has come to the front of the queue (ahead of finishing my dress). Ah well.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

jen

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
Obviously you needed the new shoes Toileandtrouble, sewing just reminded you to get them. 0_0

Manuela

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 15:46:42 PM »
Needing shoes for a dress one makes is fully understandable, one can always make more dresses to go with the new shoes  :devil:
This weekend I plan to make a long sleeved knit dress (or three) for our upcoming trip to the UK in early October.

jen

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 16:54:44 PM »
Of course! Make 3 dresses to go with the shoes - problem solved. Great positive thinking Manuela.