The Sewing Place

Summer dresses - share what you make/made

Manuela

Re: Summer dresses - share what you make/made
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2017, 01:09:02 AM »
BajaSusana, I love both outfits on you  :loveit: but also prefer the neckline on the top. You hit a sweet spot there, best to copy it as a keeper.

I pull a face like you in the dress when I ask Mr Manuela to take a picture of me. He, being a hobby landscape photographer would have me standing in the blistering Hong Kong heat for half an hour or more, in order to have the perfect background. By the time he has everything prepared to his satisfaction, I am hot/flustered/frustrated/cranky (choose or add suitable adjective) and look loke thunder. Given that Hong Kong is densely populated, crowd are starting to form to look at what's going on  :S

BajaSusana

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2017, 16:12:55 PM »
 0_0 0_0 0_0 0_0
Manuela, It has taken years to get the DH to  look for wrinkles, shadows and other  unflattering bits.
 Sometimes he is very patient, like with my current pants fitting journey. Others he just does not want to be bothered.
And yes when we are in town taking shots, people do stop and gawk, wondering if I am a celebrity that they should know!

Stitches

« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2017, 13:03:29 PM »
My Shirtwaist dress wanted sleeves princess seam and elasticed waist with side pocket

Manuela

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2017, 14:58:44 PM »
Ohh, that looks great. Do I spot the use of selvedge as piping on the placket? Please tell  :)

BajaSusana

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2017, 15:57:53 PM »
Stitches, a perfectly crisp and cool summer dress.

BajaSusana

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2017, 16:05:59 PM »
''Tis is my next summer dress. The fabric is so lovely. I have had my eye on this Lutterloh pattern for years.
My version will not be thatbstraight, I have more waist definition being an hourglass.
 I am working out how to wear a bra under this. I have watched some videos, mainly by silly, skinny girls with tiny bumps for boob, cutting up their itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie  bras.
I am going to sacrifice a pink bra and turn it into a halter. I am also going to cover the strap with the same fabric.
 The back is a little looser and lower than I like, so I am making an elastic casing and adding self ties to the ends of the elastic. This will bring the back in c,over and higher. More to come.

UttaRetch

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2017, 18:59:12 PM »
Come on, Susan.   Sort out the underpinnings so that we can see the dress in action.  0_0

Catllar

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2017, 22:15:20 PM »
Some nice work there BS - I love the top on you too  and the print on your dress is gorgeous - looks like a batik but is it a rayon or viscose?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Manuela

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2017, 03:30:00 AM »
I finished another 'have shoes, need to make dress' project, and wore it yesterday to the movies.
Collar and neck-hole again Vogue 9112.

UttaRetch

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
Love the dress, although I never go sleeveless.  The fabric is lush and I recall someone on PatternReview having bought some of this and feeling really quite envious.

Efemera

« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »
Fabulous as usual....that has to be one of my favourite Marcy fabrics.

Stitches

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2017, 10:08:33 AM »
Ohh, that looks great. Do I spot the use of selvedge as piping on the placket? Please tell
Yes its the selvedge .

Catllar

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »
Managed to get a not bad picture of my black broderie anglaise shirt dress :frock: McCalls 4769. I really, really like this dress - it fits well after my usual adjustment for the fact that I have no waist to speak of.  When I saw the fabric I already had this pattern in mind despite the fact that I hate sewing black. - go figure.. I flat lined the skirt half way down to decency level using more of the same fabric. I think this might become a TNT.     - Just received some gorgeous navy blue fine linen in the post today and it's now in the  wash ...............

Missie

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »
That is lovely C!  Really suits you.

Catllar

« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2017, 13:02:18 PM »
Ta!