The Sewing Place

End of the month already! Wednesday 31st May

Lantana

Re: End of the month already! Wednesday 31st May
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 00:11:47 AM »
Thankyou Mama.  :) 

rowe oh I see what you mean now! I was thinking more about when they cut the grass verges just before the flowers blossom instead of waiting a few weeks.

Funny you should mention fly tipping. The reason I call myself Lantana is just before I registered on the previous forum I'd read a book called 'Lantana Lane' by Eleanor Dark. Lantana is a sprawling tropical plant and the people in the lane chuck all their rusty old farm impliments and goodness knows what in it. I thought that bore comparison with my sewing cupboard with all sorts of unfinished sewing projects gradually getting buried deeper and deeper!   

I think my friend would have enjoyed the debate tonight as the leader of the party she supported all her life (she was a councillor for a time) came across very well. Actually that formula is not really a debate more a taking turns to make statements and getting in digs to each other. The audience was supposed to have been chosen carefully for balance so I was surprised at the pattern of reactions.

:vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!

Tamnymore

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
Sorry to hear about your friend, Lantana. It's a very sad time for you - sending hugs.

BTW lantana is also a type of very classy Liberty fabric - a wool cotton mixture which is warm and comfy!

I was out during the tv debate last night so I've saved all.my rotten eggs for another time.  :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lantana

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about your friend, Lantana. It's a very sad time for you - sending hugs.

BTW lantana is also a type of very classy Liberty fabric - a wool cotton mixture which is warm and comfy!

I was out during the tv debate last night so I've saved all.my rotten eggs for another time.  :devil:

Thankyou for the hug.  :)

So there's me thinking I was a pesky weed .. albeit a luxuriant one and it turns out I'm classy after all.  0_0

Oh there'll be plenty of chances for those eggs before the week is up!

Lanty  :vintage:
Feeling the fear and doing it anyway .... er sometimes!