The Sewing Place

Simplicity 1561

b15erk

Simplicity 1561
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
I was soooo daring last night!  I cut out this pattern, instead of tracing   :devil:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Simplicity+1561+sewing+pattern&safe=active&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP79GIlJzUAhXMCsAKHUrcAGQQ_AUICygC&biw=1109&bih=809#imgrc=nieloWecRhAbCM:

It only cost me £1, so I wasn't too bothered.  There's a nice gathered top on it, (these seem to be all the rage) which I thought DD would like, so last night I made a toile.  Finished it at 6 this morning (rough sleep), and just need to insert the elastic, then I can check the size.

I had an idea that I could alter this into one of those tops with the frill around the top, - I made one for myself several centuries ago :)

Anyone made anything off this pattern?  It seems very easy, and lots of nightwear variations.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

Re: Simplicity 1561
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
No, but E is precisely the nightie pattern I need!  There is a very good range of styles on there.

Now can I bring myself to use a tissue pattern again after the joys of Style Arc's heavier paper and pdf patterns on printer paper...?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

Re: Simplicity 1561
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
Acorn, they were on sale at my local fabric shop, so at £1, I thought I'd give it a go.  I think there are some similar free pdf's online, but this will do me for now!   :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.