The Sewing Place

Pfaff 1473 CD Help

Lyn-J

Pfaff 1473 CD Help
« on: June 03, 2017, 08:54:28 AM »
The manual for this machine is long lost.
I used this machine a lot many moons a ago, and I'm now using it to teach DGD3 to sew.
My mind set is Bernina this is the only Pfaff I've had and it didn't quite work for me. Nothing wrong with Pfaffs but I got Berninas in my blood from the age of 6.

I would like to know:
The best way to overcast an edge.
How to edge stitch. with Bernina I'd use a blindstitch foot ( 5 or 10) as a guide.

Many thanks

b15erk

Re: Pfaff 1473 CD Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
Lyn, I have the 1475cd, and I think they are similar.  I'll have a look at my manual when I get home.  All the patterns are on the lid, so I think you choose the pattern for overcasting, and set width and length buttons.  I think the foot would be the one with the red wheel on it.

Lucky GD learning on such a lovely machine.  I prefer my Pfaff to the Bernina, and hope it works for some time to come (fingers tightly crossed).

It's quite a thick manual, so unfortunately I can't copy all the pages, but I'll try to find relevant pages for you. 

If it's urgent, send me a pm with your mobile number, and I'll photograph some pages for you.  Failing that, I'll scan them on Monday, and send them through to your email address.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 09:29:02 AM »
You can read the manual online or download it here.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lyn-J

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
Jessie - that's so kind of you!
Since I posted I've managed to find a manual on line. Relief!
I still need to get my head round how to use it though.

Lyn-J

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 09:33:18 AM »
Thanks Acorn - just found it!  0_0

Lyn-J

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
Ah! so Foot 3 does blind stitch AND overlock.
When I had this machine this foot was broken so I didn't use it. I replaced it when I leant it to DD2, so I never got to grips with it. I looked at the foot yesterday because I had vague memories that you used It for what I was trying to do.
 8) Reading the manual  8)

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 11:31:44 AM »
So glad you got fixed up Lyn!  You DGD will have shorts by the end of the weekend.

My Pfaff is a lovely machine, and I dread the day she pops her clogs.  I've had her from new and the only thing that has cost money was the replacement footpedal, and the needle threader.

Enjoy!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.