The Sewing Place

Sewing + Embroidery machine

Jo

Re: Sewing + Embroidery machine
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2017, 15:21:53 PM »
Imi, sure thing :) If anyone's interested I'll give it a go!
Waiting to see the "shipped" email before I get excited.

Jo

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2017, 20:32:19 PM »
Sooo, my awesome machine has been shipped and should arrive in a few days (fingers crossed for monday).
Question is: how well is it packed? How likely is it to receive some damage during transport? I'm asking because the company that handles shipping on romanian territory is a state company and they really couldn't care less about handling the packages with care.

Iminei

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2017, 20:34:44 PM »
Sewing machines are extremely well packed .... almost over so ... DO NOT WORRY!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Jo

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2017, 20:42:32 PM »
Fingers crossed!!! (And toes!)
I moved my sewing room on sunday. Got a killer back ache (that's what I get for lugging a couch up the stairs), but an AWESOME sewing room. So much more space than before! Order some furniture from Ikea (just a desk and a drawer unit) to have a bit of storage space, will probably arrive on monday too. I'll be overwhelemed  0_0 Can't wait!

Acorn

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2017, 21:06:24 PM »
Mine was so well packed that a very large person could have jumped up and down on it without doing any damage. 

Lots and lots of polystyrene and two enormous boxes (one for the machine, on for the embroidery unit).

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Jo

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2017, 16:17:34 PM »
Got my machine today  :'( Sad to say, even though rather well packed and no visible damage on the outside, on the inside the styrofoam was quite broken in several places. The sewing part works fine, the embroidery...not so much :( It keeps telling me the carriage arm is not open, even though it is.
Wrote them an email with pictures attached and waiting for a response. Might have to send it back though... :'(

Acorn

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2017, 16:32:55 PM »
Oh, Jo.   :'(

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2017, 16:53:40 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Jo ...might be an idea to take pics of the damaged packaging as well
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Iminei

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2017, 17:11:52 PM »
OHHHHHH NOOOOO !!!!!  :o   :angry:

Iminei

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2017, 17:13:59 PM »
Get a refund plus compensation for being messed around

Come to FoQ.....
Buy a show offer machine ...
Take home as hand luggage ....

:devil:

Jo

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2017, 17:26:19 PM »
Imi, unfortunately I don't think this can be taken as hand luggage. It's heavy as hell, 23 kilos  :[ I'm honestly dreading sending it back  0_0
I did test the sewing features a little bit and it's soooo wonderful  :loveit:

Iminei

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2017, 19:39:37 PM »
Give 'em Hell Honey!!!!!

They should fall over themselves to make things right!

b15erk

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
Jo, can you request that they collect it? 

Such a disappointment for you.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Jo

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2017, 16:32:16 PM »
Imi, over the years I've learned I catch more flies with honey than with vinegar  0_0 So when settling issues I try to be as polite and understanding as I can.
Having an online business I know that even though you do your best, shipping companies can screw you over and it's not your or the customer's fault.
I've talked to them today. It appears just the embroidery unit is deffective so I will send that back and they will send me a new one. All costs covered, of course.
I honestly preffer this option ans I didn't really want to send the machine back.
I did however ask for a hefty discount on an extension table  :D
My Ikea furniture for the sewing room has arrived today (just some units with drawers and a desk) so I've been assembling furniture all day. It's so awesome to have drawers to put everything in!
Gonna be posting some pictures to brag a little when I'm done!

Sewingsue

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2017, 17:08:50 PM »
Sounds as if you have it sorted, Jo.
Don't bother with bragging a little - we want big bragging - with pictures.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.