The Sewing Place

Am I the first to give in?

wrenkins

Re: Am I the first to give in?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 17:44:56 PM »
Blimey! Christmas in August.  :S
I'm feeling a bit better. The fabric has started arriving and the first two are the least purple to break me in gently! The feature fabric may just have me running out the door but we'll see. My sis-in-law is lovely so I'll do it with love. (and maybe a little bit of hate on the QT). :loveit: :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 18:13:21 PM »
I know it would be really sensible to sort out Christmas stuff now, because I will get to November and really want to make decorations and presents, but I won't have the time - November is my busiest time with work.

I just can't do it though!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 14:08:42 PM »
Update.
My table runner "faces" are complete almost. The hard bits are done anyway.
My questions now are, what should I stuff it with ie wadding and are there any bright ideas for making quilting fit in with two completely different looks? I thought I would quilt to work in with the non-C*******s side because otherwise there'll be inappropriate trees on show for the rest of the year.  :S
Or I could just quilt it like an anorak. I don't know what that's called. A grid pattern.
Hmph??
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 14:16:51 PM »
That's how I would quilt it. I would use the thin insulated wadding ( Insulbright or similar? )
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 14:32:30 PM »
Insulbright sounds like a good idea. Heat resistant would be ideal. Thanks Lowena.