The Sewing Place

Sewing Bee!

Lowena

Sewing Bee!
« on: June 16, 2017, 20:30:02 PM »
Apparently plans are afoot for it to return in 2018 .....  yeah ( although I don't make clothes, i love the concept  ;) )
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

Re: Sewing Bee!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 20:41:38 PM »
Interesting, at least a reasonable sewing programme on tv. I've been dipping into the Sewing Quarter - not really my thing, and I watch Jennie Rayment on Create and Craft but at least it's something on garment construction.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Pinkstar

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 21:33:37 PM »
Oh good I'm glad its coming back, even if some of the sewing is dodgy, some of the contestants are annoying and I don't always agree with the results.   0_0

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 21:49:53 PM »
Love it love it love it. I signed a petition earlier in the year because they had decided not to do it this year. Outrageous!
Bits I love and bits I hate...all good.  :toast:

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 22:16:20 PM »
Yes it's irritating but I'll still watch it!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Syrinx

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 22:34:34 PM »
I still think they should have a week where they have to make a small lap quilt. Piecing and quilting are such good skills, especially as they have so much fabric to choose from. They could even cheat and give them a pattern to follow and see who gets the sharpest points, or best matched blocks and then see how they choose to quilt them. ;)

rubywishes

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 22:58:02 PM »
I stumbled across this program very late one night on the tellie and loved it; like Lowie, I don't make clothes but enjoyed the concept immensely. Mr.Ruby taped the following episodes but it disappeared shortly after that. Re-runs are still being played over here as when I worked at the Nursing Home i would often see residents watching it on their tellies during the afternoons. I'll have to keep an eye out for it if someone can give me a "heads up" if it does come back.
1980 Janome (aka Joan...she's no nonsense or frills),  Bernina 710 (aka Bernice), Juki TL2010Q,  1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora).
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Fajita

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 23:58:10 PM »
I think I read that comedienne Jenny Eclair (sp?) will present it.

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 00:20:48 AM »
I think I read that comedienne Jenny Eclair (sp?) will present it.

Oh my, Jenny would be a hoot and her fashion sense should give them something to think about in the refashioning task!  :D
Aka Jacky F in a former life...

Surest1tch

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »
Love it love it love it. I signed a petition earlier in the year because they had decided not to do it this year. Outrageous!
Bits I love and bits I hate...all good.  :toast:

Me too.  I don't understand the logic of BBC, they seem to be disposing of the progs that pull in the highest viewers.

justpottering

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 15:33:08 PM »
That's great news if correct I was disappointed not to have it this year I have watched all four series and just recently watched the late series again as I recorded it.
First series was my favourite but lovely to have sewing on the tele and garment sewing at that
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

MistyRose

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 00:34:48 AM »
Jenny Éclair is to host the 1,200-seat Super Theatre at The Great British Sewing Bee Live, the UK’s most exciting new dressmaking and sewing event.  It's all on here.   http://www.craftbusiness.com/news/view/jenny-eclair-to-host-the-great-british-sewing-bee-live-super-theatre