The Sewing Place

[NOW GONE] My vintage Pinnock sewing machine

LeilaMay

[NOW GONE] My vintage Pinnock sewing machine
« on: June 07, 2017, 18:13:28 PM »
So anyone who's been following the Pinnock story will know that I've got a machine that Imenie rescued for me, and cleaned it nicely and got it going.
However I just aquired another featherweight, and have to make a space, so the Pinnock has to go  :(

It's an all-metal machine, made in Japan and branded Pinnock, with a nice motor on. It doesn't yet have any fancy cams - because I have to find out what type it takes, but it does zig-zag and do blind stitch nicely.

I've attached photos, including during the cleaning, so you can see the workings. Please ask if you would like to see more.

It is VERY HEAVY - the heaviest of the machines I've owned, so really this is going to be for someone who is or can be passing by Glastonbury to collect. But it's seeking a new home for £20 - a bargain but I need the space.

Please post here if you're interested.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 17:17:54 PM by LeilaMay »

LeilaMay

Re: [FOR SALE] My vintage Pinnock sewing machine
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
I don't have a fabric stash - if you'd like to consider swapping a pile of non-stretch dressmaking fabrics for this machine, that could work for me  :)

:sew:

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:16:18 AM »
She's a very pretty colour but I've got to get to know my Singer 201Ks properly yet. Yes, plural!  :o Watch out for more info soon!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

LeilaMay

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »
201s are lovely, enjoy  :)

The machine will go to the charity shop i no-one here wants to take over and find out more about how it works (I've been writing about my exploration of it's capabilities in the Vintage thread).
Then at least the bargain I got on the 221 is partly repaid by them having a different machine to sell.

LeilaMay

Re: [NOW GONE] My vintage Pinnock sewing machine
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 17:18:42 PM »
The charity shop have the machine now.
On to the next...