The Sewing Place

The Tipping Point

Ravingdoll

The Tipping Point
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:51:43 AM »
I am not going to complain much that on today's 'emergency shift' I got called to a couple where one called 999 and on arrival they were having a domestic because they couldn't agree on pizza toppings.  I will say nothing about going to a house where the 14 year old was kicking off because his mother had bought some socks and given the BOGOF to his brother.  I am not even going to make a big deal over the fact that I have a bruise on my calf where someone kicked me when being booked into custody because it happens.  But what I really want to cry about is getting home at 1am to find that my bed has been stripped by lady meant to be helping out and bedding not replaced. I really don't have the energy to make up bed so going to collapse on mattress and just sleep!  I NEED sleep!  Thank you for listening!!!  :'(

elephun

Re: The Tipping Point
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »
I hope tomorrow will be a better day, dear!

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
Aww, RD, that's awful. Very dispiriting when people call you out over absolutely, completely nothing. Pizza toppings and socks! You think they would have some sense of proportion and they would be ashamed about calling you out over their inability to cope with trivia.  Wasting police time big style.  And the bed was the last straw. Hope you got a decent night's sleep and a bit of time off.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:52 AM »
I've slept on a bare mattress under a bare duvet before ...but only because I had forgotten to make the bed!

Just who is this lady who is busying herself around your house doing a half assed job at things ????

(Oh God, please don't tell me its your muv??!!) I would make a strict rule that your bedroom is out of bounds to anybody unless invited.

I guess you slept though.... and hopefully today will be a better day!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 07:24:43 AM »
Hope you managed to sleep RD
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:32:56 AM »
It was too hot last night for any bedclothes RD, so you hopefully slept ok anyway  0_0

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
I have a bit of OCD regarding my bed - it has to be made a certain way to guarantee a modicum of sleep, so I absolutely sympathise with you.  Bare mattresses are not suitable for sleeping on. So, big hugs, and hope you caught a little sleep.  :flower: <3 :flower:

With regard to the Pizza and socks incidents, could you not charge them with wasting police time?  In light of the current situation, it is just irresponsible.  :angry:

Stern words must be had with whoever is charged with making the bed to a sleepable standard, a bare mattress is just unacceptable!  ><

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewingsue

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
I'm sure when I was growing up 999 was for serious emergencies. When did it become acceptable to use it for just plain stupidity?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Missie

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
I'm sure when I was growing up 999 was for serious emergencies. When did it become acceptable to use it for just plain stupidity?

We (Dh, me, MIL & FIL) got a severe reprimand from the police for just this.  DS1 was a toddler and we were at my in-laws for lunch.  The men had retired to the front room to watch some sport or other and DS1 was with them.  MIL and I were in the other room when the phone went.  MIL answered it, went pale and started apologising profusely.  Yep, DS1 was playing with the phone and had rung the emergency services.  He was chattering away down the phone and both DH and FIL were completely oblivious to what he was doing, even though they knew he was in the room; they or rather DH just wasn't watching him  :angry:

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 13:16:01 PM »
I am not going to complain much that on today's 'emergency shift' I got called to a couple where one called 999 and on arrival they were having a domestic because they couldn't agree on pizza toppings.  I will say nothing about going to a house where the 14 year old was kicking off because his mother had bought some socks and given the BOGOF to his brother.

Have you ever had that feeling that some people seem to live in  an alternative universe/earth to the one normal people live in. Send them a bill for time wasted, that should concentrate the minds of even the ignorant.

I suspect that over the last few days most of the country spent the night with no sheets covering them so you would not be alone.

b15erk

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 14:39:50 PM »
I'm sure I read today of a young man who ended up in jail for throwing a strop.  Apparently, he dropped his macburger (or whatever), and because they wouldn't give him another he went on the rampage.  Serves him right for being a) clumsy, and b) aggressive.

I just hope it was for a long time.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.