Iminei

Re: Knitting & stitching show, Ally Pally October 2017 - DISCOUNT TICKETS
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 17:37:49 PM »
I'm off to the Post Office first thing tomorrow UR  0_0
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 21:22:15 PM »
Haven't ordered yet, but I will.  Honest.

Marniesews

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 22:55:45 PM »
Not to worry, no worse off than before & still looking forward to it. Thanks for canvassing interest.

UR do I just search under "The London Ticket Club"? It's entirely new to me.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »
UR do I just search under "The London Ticket Club"? It's entirely new to me.

Try the link I made on page 1.

Marniesews

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
Missed that, thanks UR. Now £12 for the day but still a pound below the concession rate.  Thanks    :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 14:58:42 PM »
Result.  I suggest layering your clothing so that you can discard items as you start to BOIL and if you are on a budget, take your own food as the concessions are expensive.  Trains go to Alexandra Palace station and there is a courtesy bus outside the station for those of us unable to do the mountainous climb up through the park.  0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 18:10:20 PM »
I went to the show today and was faced with a bag check at the door.  As it was the first day and quite early, the venue wasn't packed.  I resisted the blandishments of the pattern stand, but did snap pictures of two samples that had been sewn up from Butterick 6244 and Butterick 6423

Lutterloh had a free demo day, but I didn't want to hang about until 1.30 and it was only when I was passing Ernest Wright's stand that I remembered my less than sharp shears.  :(  I stopped by Rosenberg's to drool at the gorgeous fabric, which fortunately I can't afford.

Marniesews

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
We went yesterday on our way home from holiday in Cornwall (stopped overnight in a hotel near Camberley). Arrived just before 11 but walked straight on to the shuttle bus in the paddocks car park & same when we got checked out at 7!

We took your advice about the food (it took long enough to queue for drinks!) and had a few rest times when we spotted chairs but the afternoon/evening session wasn't as busy as I'd expected so I got to talk to interesting stallholders like the embroiderer Diane Bates who just happened to have done a display piece of a bead encrusted leotard which was the highlight of the show for us. My dh most enjoyed the art embroidery displays too and especially Ann Small's cut fabric layers. So glad we went.

It's a good job the visit was preceded by a relaxing holiday and my spending was (slightly) in check when I saw the rather shocking 'available balance' when I had to use their ATMs a second time!  :\

Sewbee

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
Me, too!

Pearl

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 19:51:46 PM »
I was sent some complimentary tickets and went today on the train with my poor mum.  I don't think she's used to walking at London pace, but I did help her to carry all her purchases on the way home, not having any of my own.   :angel:

It was lovely to see so many teenagers there on school trips.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:52:00 PM by Pearl »