The Sewing Place

Another new member.

ScarlettPoppy

Another new member.
« on: July 07, 2017, 19:07:37 PM »
Hi, I am ScarlettPoppy, I have been lurking ever since I bought my 1st vintage sewing machine in June and I have just joined this forum. Happy to have found this lovely forum. 
I look forward to joining in the discussions and reading to refresh my sewing skills, seeing as I haven't sewn since around the late 1980's!  :vintage:

Acorn

Re: Another new member.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 19:56:35 PM »
Hi Scarlett Poppy.   :D

I don't know what the machine in your avatar is (plenty of others around her will though) but it is very pretty indeed!

Welcome.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

ScarlettPoppy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 20:14:34 PM »
Hi Acorn, thankyou for your welcome.
The pretty machine in my avatar is my daughter's Singer 28k with the Victorian decals, when I am able to I will post my vintage German sewing machine, which started our obsession with these brilliant machine just about 1 month ago.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 20:18:00 PM »
Hi and welcome from me too.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewsuzie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 20:43:35 PM »
Hi ScarlettPoppy, welcome from me too. I've just read and replied to your post on the Show and Tell thread in Vintage. Liking the sound of your machines and your newfound enthusiasm for them. I think you'll fit in well here  :)
:vintage: :vintage: :vintage:Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

ScarlettPoppy

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 23:38:55 PM »
Thankyou  Catllar & SewSuzie.  I think I have found a perfect place for my new revisited hobby.

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 11:22:05 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too  :D.  I adore the machine in your avatar, older machines have so much character don't they.  I've got modern and vintage and although the modern ones can do so much you can't really love them like the vintage ones can you and I'll bet they don't last like the vintage ones have.

ScarlettPoppy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:21 AM »
Thankyou for your welcome Surest1tch. 
I agree with you, I just love the neat stitches that an old vintage machine makes. I know I don't need any fancy stitches so these little old hand cranks are perfect for my DD1 and myself. Plus my granddaughter (4) is so interested in it also, I will be able to let her have a go soon, under my supervision of course.
I remember making perforations from newspaper for 'stamps' with my mother's old treadle machine when not much older than her, and I know how much I loved doing that.  :vintage: 

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 15:24:42 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too. I'm straight off to the Vintage board to catch up on your German machine...  :vintage:   :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

maliw

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 18:04:15 PM »
Hello from me , sorry I missed you, hope you enjoy the forum.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

ScarlettPoppy

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »
Thankyou Maliw  :) and also Thankyou to Marniesews,  :) it's such a great friendly place here, I am liking it so much. I love sewing on my vintage machine, I am trying different things I never thought to do before when I was too busy sewing for my  children when they were young.
So, I am going to try small coin purses with sew on frames.  :vintage: