The Sewing Place

Ideas Please

Lowena

Re: Ideas Please
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »
Noooooooo!!! Nooooo!!! Nooooooo!!!! [/b] I tried to do some more geese yesterday but messed up both the first 2 I tried... so....I threw the lot ( geese and ready cut fabric ) on the floor, kicked it around and like Elvis left the building  :angry: I usually cheat with geese and make them from hsts so they have a join down the middle. Iam was determined to do it properly this time but quite frankly atm I can't be a***d   :devil:
 :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

supergran

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 16:07:11 PM »
It's frustrating lowena, but have a break and go back to it later and I'm sure they'll turn out all right in the end.
They aren't my favourite either.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 16:18:48 PM by supergran »

Pearl

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 16:31:06 PM »
I find the no waste method easier, Low.  Having said that, I've still only done 12.   :|

rubywishes

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 23:49:11 PM »
Oh Lowie, I'm going to go outside after breakfast and find the neighbours' cat so I can give him a good kick on your behalf to vent your frustrations!  :angry:  Do try the no-waste method, I can never do it the other way. Right, I'm off for my morning cuppa and then I'm looking for that cat!! 0_0 In the meantime I'm sending you a hug over t'net and if it makes you feel any better...last night I spent 2 hours unpicking my first quilting seam on the "Roses for Maxine" quilt AND undoing all the wretched pins and re-basting/pinning it. grrrrrrrrrrrr where's that freakin' cat?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »
Thanks girls, I'll try that way  :) Poor Rubes {{{ hug }}} it's such a bore, unpicking  :( Hope the cat has the sense to scarper  :D :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D