The Sewing Place

Lekala pattern for trousers

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Lekala pattern for trousers
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 14:08:08 PM »
So...  another pic for you.
I had hoped the Sure Fit Designs pattern would be a touch smaller, but it's not looking that way...

Edit:  that's the new Sure Fit laid on top of the Lekala I cut, sewed and unpicked the other day.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 14:14:02 PM »
"What is it they say?  A picture speaks a thousand words..."

Is that the pair where you lengthened the body by 4"?  Were they designed as hipsters? If they were meant to be worn lower, that might explain the extra width. Just a thought.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 15:58:09 PM »
They didn't look like hipsters, just normal height I'm sure.

I have now sewn up the inseams and the crotch seam, put them on, pinned the side seams, taken them in by almost two inches each side (a total of 8 inches less around the waist and hips!) and sewn them.  And I've remembered to transfer the alterations to the Lekala paper pattern.  I've vaguely marked the waist height, and I  didn't need to add so much to the body length, although due to my overhanging spare tyre, the front needs about three inches off while the back only needs an inch off.  The last stage of the Tour de France has now temporarily interrupted proceedings.
The Sure Fit pattern is kind of similar widthways (and they do say there is about 3 1/2 inches of ease), but the front has a longer crotch (see pic on post above) - can anyone tell me what difference that makes to the fit please?

BajaSusana

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 18:20:36 PM »
Bodbet,
 I have used the SureFit (SFD) and achieved an OK fit. It was actually the best fit that I had ever had.
But my Eureka pants were better.
 The crotch depth, front and back will be extended out or cut In or scooped to make room for tummies and pompis ( derrières in Spanish slang)
Sew them up. You may be pleasantly surprised.
 I sold all three of my SFD packets. I was very hurt and demoralized after attending the expensive 5 day sewing retreat.
I have just read on a blog of a friend  in the U.K. That she att did a three-day retreat  in the  U.K., given by someone other than Glenda. She was extremely pleased with the class and the way that she was treated.
I'll send younher info.
Waiting to see your results.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
Getting there now.  They aren't bad, but could have done with taking another inch off the back and sides, but the front rise seems ok.  The back really did need that inch off, but I can't be bothered to take the waistband off again, and it will always be hidden anyway.  They are still a bit bigger than I'd normally make, as all my trousers are made with stretch fabrics, but they'll do.  I will have to try the Sure Fit pattern and see how that comes out, and see what difference the length of the front crotch seam makes.
I've tried to limit the flab exposure for you, but feel free to NOT enlarge the pics below  :|

Edit:  Spot the mistake with the pockets!!  Because I just left them sewn in then cut off at the waist, they are now unusable!!  Ah well, never mind, the y might get some patch pockets instead, need somewhere for the dog treats.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:25:38 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »