The Sewing Place

Burda 6764

b15erk

Burda 6764
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »
This is a pattern I bought from my local fabric store, reduced to £1 each, I bought three really useful patterns.

Very quick make, even I couldn't make a meal out of this!  I'm very pleased with it, considering that it was a first (there will be more!). The main problem was the cheap fabric, it was curling like mad, just took a bit of patience.

Only three pieces, and the only thing to be careful of is the order of making up, just so that you get a nice even finish on the top stitching.  This I did on the sewing machine, with the twin needle, instead of saddling up the coverstitch.

If you like things a bit more modest, that would be easily done.

In my mind, I'm looking longingly at a stretch lace version....

Jessie 

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

Re: Burda 6764
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
Looks good jessie, and you have placed the stripes nicely.  Alas those cross-over styles never look good on me.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
Brenda, wrap dresses are not usually for me - I hate the idea of being gapey.  But, this is the second I've made lately, and I love both.

I have no idea why I took against them, but I'm definitely having a re-think now!  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:19:20 AM »
It works really well on the front with those stripes Jessie.
I'm afraid I can't wear crossover tops either though I must say I haven't tried again since knits became common.  It might work ok with some stretch.  Perhaps if I'm feeling adventurous one day......
Life's too short for ironing.