The Sewing Place

Knip Mode special offer

dolcevita

Knip Mode special offer
« on: July 10, 2017, 21:51:32 PM »
There is a long-standing Dutch sewing magazine called Knip Mode; you can also get it in France under the name 'Style'.  It's a monthly, like most of them, and they have some very nice designs from basics through to jackets and various garments.

The usual price in France is €6.50 and a bit more in the Netherlands, surprisingly, but they have a subscription offer on their website at the moment.  You can subscribe to 3 issues for €15 or 6 issues for €25 and this includes delivery to the UK.  If you decide to subscribe, you will need the IBAN number for your bank account as this is used for renewals, but the initial payment is by credit card, paypal, etc.

Here's a link to the subscription page of the website:

https://knipmode.nl/product-categorie/abonnementen/

Catllar

Re: Knip Mode special offer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 13:37:23 PM »
Thanks for that - not seen them before and never seen Style, but I'll keep an eye out now!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

dolcevita

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »
A bit more information on this magazine.  I got the French name slightly wrong - it's actually 'Fashion Style' but with the 'Style' part in very large lettering, so you don't notice the first word so much.

Late last year, the Curvy Sewing Collective writer did a review of her year's subscription to the magazine, which is very comprehensive and can be found here:

http://curvysewingcollective.com/my-year-with-knipmode-part-one/

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 09:03:12 AM »
Have you used them DV?  I've just read the CSC article, and it is very persuasive.  I may have to amble along to the website and have a little look!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

dolcevita

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »
Hi Jessie,

Yes, I've got a few issues, both the Dutch and the French ones.  I like them better now - the magazine had a re-vamp a couple of years ago and their designs have become a lot more up to date with really good variations on themes. 

The only thing to watch out for is the length of things - I usually shorten everything up a little as, being a Dutch magazine, it's based on a model somewhat taller than I am. 

Here's a photo of the design list page of the last issue I picked up in France.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
Some nice designs there DV, very tempting! 

Off I go to the KM website - just to look you understand!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.