The Sewing Place

So there I was...with a spare stand for coat hangers and a heavy quilt to fmq...

rubywishes

....and voila...I've seen similar "inventions" on t'net and in a pique of frustration and some intense staring at inanimate objects in the house I came up with this. And it works very well keeping the quilt weight up and allowing  me to move the quilt more easily. Now if it would only improve my actual fm skills I'd be super delighted instead of pleasantly pleased with myself.

Hmmmm, I hope Mr.Ruby didn't need those "stretchy-hooky" things I found in his bits and pieces any time soon! :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

wrenkins

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!
Genius!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

b15erk

Great thinking Rubes, looks as if it works perfectly!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

supergran

Brilliant idea Ruby. I'd never have thought of that.  0_0

Iminei

I could do with something similar at the moment whilst I struggle with the behemoth that is the HSTathon!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

maliw

What a great idea and lateral thinking.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

Brilliant idea , and no of course he didn't need the elastic hooky things!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

rubywishes

Well Mr.Ruby came home and was rather impressed as I recounted my days inventiveness until I got to the bit about the stretchy hooky things.....
him: "do you really need ALL of them dear?'
me:  :well, I s'pose I could make do with just 2 or 3, of course it won't help me as much but if you need them"...(insert
         here a pathetic trailing-off of the voice coupled with an ever so slight sigh).

him (striding into the sewing room):   "Oh well, let's just have a look and see exactly what you've done then"
me (doing the "ta-dah" hand flourishes whilst opening the door to the sewing room): "here then...whatcha think huh?"

him: "huh, looks pretty smick-oh, pretty clever of you actually.....I guess i could order some more of those stretchy hook         
         things next time I'm on t'net"
me: " what a good idea....you could probly do with some extra ones anyway so it's a good idea to order more, smart
         thinking love!"

him (striding off and now thinking of something totally different and distracting)
me (happily closing the door to the sewing room and locking it): " tea won't be long love. (insert sweet smile).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:30:55 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Roger

Time to get it patented and start production!

That looks very neat!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Sewingsue

Game, set and match, Ruby.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.