The Sewing Place

Liberty's new pop-up shop in Bicester Village

Marniesews

Liberty's new pop-up shop in Bicester Village
« on: July 30, 2017, 00:02:37 AM »
Has anyone been to the Liberty pop-up shop in Bicester Village yet? It's there for 3 months over the summer.  The purple shed

I've just replaced my lost bus pass (great timing!) and it conveniently lies on the X5 Cambridge to Oxford route so I can add my petrol money to the budget.  :D Or I might just go for a drool as I'd like another trip to the London shop in October.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

fajita

Re: Liberty's new pop-up shop in Bicester Village
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 00:32:23 AM »
It looks like a shop that would be too expensive to contemplate. Presume it's designer prices not sale prices?  I do like a little bit of Liberty. I treat myself to a metre when we go to London. (Not very often).

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »
I still have some pieces that I bought in Standfast & Barracks a few years ago and haven't yet decided on a project that befits their status but I'm planning to take a pattern from a favourite top of mine and would like to make that up in Tana Lawn. I half expect I may chicken out though and get some of the much cheaper Liberty clearance fabrics from Abakhan.  :[

Regardless, I shall enjoy the trip to Bicester and mooch around the shopping village with my friend.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 16:45:05 PM »
I haven't been to Bicester for a while - it's a faff to get there from London or Oxford - and I couldn't quite afford anything in any of the shops despite the fact that I was still working on my last visit.

I have two lengths of beautiful Liberty's fabric from Classic Textiles and Shaukat's, so I am not in the market for any more fabric that I am too scared to cut.  0_0

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 18:50:28 PM »
Remember the good old days when there were Liberty shops in a number of cities? I got loads from the Liberty shop that used to be in King Street in Manchester, including fabric for my wedding dress many, many moons ago.

Since discovering Standfast and Barracks (and their ebay shop, katsfsbrics, where there are a number of 3m lengths of lawn for £18), I'm not short of the stuff so I never mind cutting it up.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 18:56:14 PM »
Since discovering Standfast and Barracks (and their ebay shop, katsfsbrics, where there are a number of 3m lengths of lawn for £18), I'm not short of the stuff so I never mind cutting it up.
Oh wow.   :o

Oh dear.   :|
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.