The Sewing Place

Sewing Quarterly

stitchingcarol

Sewing Quarterly
« on: March 04, 2017, 15:19:38 PM »
Has anyone else watch the Freeview channel  Sewing Quarterly on every morning?

Pearl

Re: Sewing Quarterly
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 20:16:03 PM »
I watch it on Youtube so that I can fast forward past the parts I'm not interested in.  The teacher of a monthly class that I am doing has presented a few times so I always watch when she is on.  I think it has improved since it started and they have taken on board comments that have been made, but it is too hit and miss for me to watch regularly.
I do like the fabric that I bought and the free sewing kit but do you have any idea why I bought gold ribbon?  -<

fajita

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 20:30:35 PM »
I watched it a few times, but found it a bit like qvc, OK in small doses. I do like the idea of it though but still four hours a day, seven days a week is a bit much.

But I do catch it at times.

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 20:58:37 PM »
Hi yes I watch it, usually the last hour then look on youtube to see if anything interests me.  There are some good tips from them.  I am building a list of haberdashery and will order when I have all I want. :D
Willing but not always able :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 21:09:48 PM »
Have seen about 1/2 an hour in total on various shows .. a chap selling fabric in 1/2 metres....  always a chap selling 1/2 metres
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 21:14:18 PM »
I dipped in for a couple of days following the launch, but was so disappointed with the twee little projects that I deleted the channel from my index.

stitchingcarol

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »
It is a bit dip in and out depending on where you are in your sewing journey and what type of sewing you do.  Lots for crafters with cute items in kits.   But it does seem to be a shopping channel for fabrics etc.   Not really for me,  but interested to hear what others thinks so thank you for your comments.

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 09:06:49 AM »
It is a bit dip in and out depending on where you are in your sewing journey and what type of sewing you do.  Lots for crafters with cute items in kits.   But it does seem to be a shopping channel for fabrics etc.   Not really for me,  but interested to hear what others thinks so thank you for your comments.
I'll put it on now and drink my tea.. they might be sewing....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 18:03:27 PM »
I've just watched about 5 minutes of the programme from 21st February on Youtube. Making a circle skirt from woven cotton with a wide stitched on elastic waistband. Not impressed. The lovely instructor  said you need to have the centre hole the size of your waist -  now that's only going to be OK for a child with no hips -  no way it's going to  work for an adult. Anyone new to sewing is not going to be on the right path if this is the kind of error they make. No I think I'll pass.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »
They've started making garments then.  It was twee little projects the last time I watched.  I might look at the YouTube and leave a comment.  :devil:

Efemera

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Not for me...

Catllar

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 13:41:44 PM »
They've started making garments then.  It was twee little projects the last time I watched.  I might look at the YouTube and leave a comment.  :devil:

Good idea,  you bad girl!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
Alas, there is only 4 minutes of this programme up on Youtube and it's not the skirt tute.  Would have loved to point out the 'school girl error'.  :D

maliw

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »
The constant sales pitch irritates me and so do most of the projects. I have watched bits but it isn't for me. I like Jennie Rayment on Create and Craft, when shes on but I tend to watch that on Catch up then I can delete all the sales stuff at the beginning. Also Jennie isn't on all that often so it is useful to be able to just select what I want to watch on the website.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula