The Sewing Place

No FMQ for me

maliw

No FMQ for me
« on: August 01, 2017, 17:28:45 PM »
There I was an hour ago happily FMQ, I'm making covers for incubators for the local SCBU, when the needle hit the darning foot. I wasn't sure what had happened as this is an open toed foot, until I took the foot off and the plastic shaft had split allowing the foot part to move around on its own. So I now have to buy a new foot before I can carry on and complete the cover so no FMQ for me for a while. :devil:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

fajita

Re: No FMQ for me
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 20:32:59 PM »
Oh dear. What a shame.
I'm sure there will be options. Some clever people on here will have suggestions, I'm sure.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:15:55 AM »
Well it is your own fault for consorting with the  :devil: Mali, you know it is!

But just as an aside, which machine do you have???
I have a couple of brand new untouched (hell, even unlooked at) darning feet kicking around!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
I don't do FMQ a lot, but I have noticed that unless it's well tightened, the foot can work loose, and cause the needle to break.

Hope you're soon sorted Mal, I hate being interrupted mid-flow....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 17:11:28 PM »
Thanks for the thought Iminei. I wasted no time and ordered one from SMD, I've had an e-mail from Russell to say that it's on it's way so hopefully will be here tomorrow. I could have gone to the shop but petrol would cost far more than postage. Fortunately Elna and Janome are the same feet so I will be able to use it on both machines if necessary.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula