The Sewing Place

This Forum..

Efemera

This Forum..
« on: August 03, 2017, 18:27:44 PM »
Has a lot to answer for.... since I joined I've bought two Featherweights and last week bought a Singer 401G slant o matic ....but the seller posted two machines and yes got the addresses mixed up ..... and yes I've got someone else's machine...  a Singer 201K!

KayK

Re: This Forum..
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 20:56:46 PM »
Oh a 401G!! Brilliant!  I just love mine, its a seriously speedy monster, accurate, lovely stiches, brilliant free motion, and I even found some extra cams that fitted mine!  I just love it! 
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Roger

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 21:19:16 PM »
Has a lot to answer for.... since I joined I've bought two Featherweights and last week bought a Singer 401G slant o matic ....but the seller posted two machines and yes got the addresses mixed up ..... and yes I've got someone else's machine...  a Singer 201K!

How is the seller sorting that out? that is a nightmare! especially as the postage is high and it was the sellers mistake... what sort of 201 is it?

A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Roger

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 21:23:22 PM »
Oh a 401G!! Brilliant!  I just love mine, its a seriously speedy monster, accurate, lovely stiches, brilliant free motion, and I even found some extra cams that fitted mine!  I just love it!

The Slant-o-matics are lovely, I really enjoy mine... they're really special. Incidentally I also have a load of spare black top hat cams in the for sale section if you're looking for any more cams!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 21:54:18 PM »
How is the seller sorting that out? that is a nightmare! especially as the postage is high and it was the sellers mistake... what sort of 201 is it?

I have no idea what kind it is.... luckily I read the email before I opened the box... the courier is picking it up tomorrow so I suppose it will be Monday or Tuesday before I get the 401

Roger

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 21:59:08 PM »
I'm glad the seller has sorted it out well for you, hope you enjoy your 401 :)

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 22:45:34 PM »
That's an unfortunate mistake. Hope you soon  get the machine you were expecting! I picked up my 401g 10 days ago. I've some curtains and a blind lined up for it, but this week and last have been too busy to make a start.
Let us know how you get on with your new 401g. 

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39:43 AM »
Update... still not got the machine.... got a message saying the machine was being picked up today, I'm presuming this means from her...so hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week, Quite honestly I feel like just asking for my money back!

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »
I think it would be in order to reply to that message (or CC the seller) saying that is OK provided it arrives within the next seven days.  If not you want your money back ASAP.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »
It takes all the pleasure and anticipation from an Ebay purchase...

Hope you get it soon.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 14:39:52 PM »
I totally agree with you Efemera, it's a bad influence place, in the last couple of months I've bought a 201k and now have my eyes on yet a couple more vintage machines, I had 8 machines before I came here.  I'm so glad I have my own income and don't have to explain why I need yet another machine. How can you explain the difference between need and greed or not need but want 0_0 0_0 0_0

Efemera

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 16:11:08 PM »
Aggghhhh!
Machine arrived but look!
Took pictures and messaged the seller but all she said was "well I said I would prefer pick up as this is what happens when things get posted, pack it up and I'll have it collected"
The machine had no packaging inside the cover, just all the accessories put in the cover loose...of course  they're going to rattle around... did she not think of that!... especially as it had done  two rounds with parcel force... I would have been willing to keep the machine had she said she would refund the postage (£17) as compensation but I've had enough... she can have it back...
Should she refund the postage as well?

arrow

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 16:19:01 PM »
If the courrier service is one of those that drive stuff around in a van, they should be able to handle a sewing machine packed in it's case. Anyone buying a machine really needs to insist on packing it and sender should expect it to be dropped out in a parachute. I have seen some horror videos on how "handle with care" actually is, remember we live on earth, nothing is as it should be.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 20:58:28 PM by arrow »

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 16:30:28 PM »
Was the sale through Ebay?  As I understand it, Ebay's terms and conditions say that it is the seller's responsibility to ensure that an item is delivered safely, so you should presumably expect a refund of postage by their rules.

Otherwise I would say that the same reasoning should apply - you should not suffer through the negligent actions of the seller.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 17:46:26 PM »
It came Parcelforce...I'm hanging out for a Rocketeer so if anyone sees one let me know!