The Sewing Place

Help help! Sleevies!!!!

wrenkins

Help help! Sleevies!!!!
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »
I've bought a man's shirt because it was so beautiful and in the sale. It has lots of little details including on the inside of the cuff.
Here's what I want...
The sleevies are too long and I want to make them 3/4 length "turned up" but I still want the nice fabric inside the cuff to show. How do I do this! If I turn them up enough times the inner cuff disappears in the folds. (you're all doing it aren't you???)
There will be no cutting I don't do dressmaking (sleevie making) so would it be possible to teeny weeny hand sew the layers together leaving my nice fabric on t'outside or is there a better way?
Thanks.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Jo

Re: Help help! Sleevies!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:49:59 AM »
Special folding technique :)
There you go:

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 13:06:47 PM »
I'll try that thank you Jo and I'll try it  by turning that last fold in instead of out and stitching it in place. That way the inside of the cuff will be on the outside and not covered up.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 15:34:56 PM »
If you stitch it how you gonna press it when you wash it?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 16:00:17 PM »
If you stitch it how you gonna press it when you wash it?
Damn!!!!!  :[
Thanks for the common sense Catllar. :S