The Sewing Place

Early Ch*****as Costumes

b15erk

Early Ch*****as Costumes
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »
I'm not usually the first on the Ch*****as preparations, but this year I would like to do something special.  A few weeks ago, I took the eldest 2 to watch Beauty and the Beast, and they came out enchanted with Belle.

Because we go away on holiday over Ch*****as, I always have and Early Ch*****as dinner party at my house, about a fortnight before.  I always get the girls (3 beauties) an outfit, and last year it was Santa's elves, but this year I was thinking something a bit more grown up - the eldest is 7, middle (Lilya) is 4, and the youngest 2 (Theo can be an elf, or a Hungry Caterpillar!). 

So, with this in mind - speak if you think it's mad - I'm going for 3 Belle dresses - the beautiful yellow one.  I've just ordered the pattern from Marina Brumpton, which gives me all the sizes.

I have some beautiful yellow lycra (not shiny) lovely fine stretch lining and some bling, but I need to buy soft sparkly tulle, and yellow net.

I'm hoping I've left enough time!  :)

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Missie

Re: Early Ch*****as Costumes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:55:42 AM »
I made DD a Belle costume when she was 5 and it recently came up on my FB feed as a memory!  Looking forward to seeing the Belles!

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
Belle is my favourite  <3
Didn't know you had 2 other GDs Jessie, are they nearby too?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Not GD's Low, GGD's.  They are my GD's girls.  Difficult relationship with Eldest DD and her 2 girls, but we love the GGchildren to bits.  The eldest, and Lilya, adore one another, and they will love playing the Ch*****as Belles!

I don't know how we will explain the relationship in the future, but as far as the girls are concerned, they are cousins.

Families eh?  ;)

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »
Sorry Jessie, didn't mean to pry  :| It's always lovely to have littlies around especially at X***
I's love a Belle costume...I love yellow  :D

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »

I don't know how we will explain the relationship in the future, but as far as the girls are concerned, they are cousins.

Jessie

They are first cousins - just once removed.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »
Not prying at all Low!  If we were sitting over tea and biscuits, my old auntie would say we were 'jangling'.   :)

:drink: :cake: :toast:
Families are interesting these days.  Some days mine are more 'interesting' than I would like!  :D

Love my Girlies though (and Theo)

Jessie

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:34 AM »
I thought my family was quite straightforward with few break-ups or skeletons until my niece had her 21st birthday party. Now there was an interesting collection of "relations". Thankfully we're all very well brought up so it was quite civilised!!!  :[ :S Her wedding should be interesting if there is one.  0_0
If the "removed" is a generation, what relationship makes a second cousin Brenda?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:31:20 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 11:34:51 AM »
When I was that age my favourite one was this.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
As I understand it Wrenky, first cousins share a Grandparent and 2nd cousins share a Gt GP ... but I may be wrong  :ninja:

b15erk

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:22 AM »
Wren, the style hasn't changed much at all!   :)

This is the one I plan to make - with modifications!

https://plus.google.com/+MarinaBrumpton

Jessie

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 14:09:45 PM »
That was from the Cinderella 1964 Ladybird book Jessie. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
The girls are going to love those!