The Sewing Place

Marina Brumpton Vivienne Dress

b15erk

Marina Brumpton Vivienne Dress
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
Before I start the Belle frocks (still collecting materials  ;) ), I decided to make Lilya a couple of frocks.

I've used the Vivienne dress before, and she loves it.  This time I've used shiny lycra, it's lovely and soft, and quite slippy, it also curls.  Just doing a plain circle skirt this time - good for twirling.

It actually behaved quite well, until it came to the zip.  Not my finest hour.  It is in, and looks fine, but could have been better at the top edge....  Still Lilya's got long hair......

The second, is a very stretchy remnant, and sew up beautifully - not got to the zipper yet though!

Here's the first one finished.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

UttaRetch

Re: Marina Brumpton Vivienne Dress
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 15:42:42 PM »
Very pretty.  I can barely do a regular zip, so don't stress over the invisible zip which looks fine to me.

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 18:26:45 PM »

Oh I loved to twirl when I was Lilya's age I had a lovely red dress with a full skirt  :loveit:.. I was so cross when I grew out of it and my sister grew into it  ><
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
Tried it on last night, and it only just fits!  I think Lilya has had a growing spell :)

She now needs 5-6.... How did that happen :(

It does twirl beautifully though....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 17:02:21 PM »
Does it even need a zipper??
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !